Second Skin Audio

port help

Yeah, I'd not waste money on the current setup, but if you can tell me the dimensions of the current enclosure, I can calculate it's internal volume. there may be a decent chance you can seal up any holes drilled in the enclosure, add a little polyfil, get the gain set properly on the Sony, and be good. Well, as good as you can get with the setup. Tossing $10 into sealing up the enclosure and putting polyfil in the enclosure isn't a huge waste of money.

A more powerful/better amplifer "MAY" help out with the current Kenwood, but I wouldn't be expecting miracles. Still, a better amplifier would be needed for a better future setup, so...

It could well be considerably louder and cleaner, the potential for such would sure be there, it's just depend on the subs and even more so, the enclosure used.

What is your music preference? Need to find out if ported or seal would better suit your taste in music.

Also need to know how much room you have to devote to a sub setup, as a ported enclosure for a couple 12's can easily take up all your cargo room.

Archived