Sundown Audio

Does HIFONICS X1500.1D do rated power?

geekybasshead98

That was the whole point of my post... you get what you pay for. As bassheads, we always try to push our equipment harder. That is definitely a no no with Hifonics.

My amp, the Zues 1800 only did about 1050 @ 1ohm and 700 @ 2 ohm. That's why I clipped it, thinking I had PLENTY of power, when in fact, I was way underpowering it. Had it wired at 2ohms...

Many people use their Hifonics amps @ under 1 ohm wiring daily, as would do with any other amp. As long as you're giving it the proper electrical, there is no more risk to it than many other amps.

The fact that you had a "zeus" 1800, that you say did 1050 instead of 1800... has absolutely zero to do with being the reason you were clipping it... The amp putting out rated/advertised power has nothing to do with whether you set your gain correctly at all. It could be rated at 10k, and put out 100 watts. Still isn't going to clip unless you turn that gain too high. You were underpowering what? The subwoofer? Once again, wouldn't affect the amp at all. You sent your amp a dirty signal/lower than recommended load/cranked the gain/didn't have electrical for it... Neither of which have anything to do with the rated output....

That was the whole point of my post... you get what you pay for. As bassheads, we always try to push our equipment harder. That is definitely a no no with Hifonics.

My amp, the Zues 1800 only did about 1050 @ 1ohm and 700 @ 2 ohm. That's why I clipped it, thinking I had PLENTY of power, when in fact, I was way underpowering it. Had it wired at 2ohms...

Many people use their Hifonics amps @ under 1 ohm wiring daily, as would do with any other amp. As long as you're giving it the proper electrical, there is no more risk to it than many other amps.

The fact that you had a "zeus" 1800, that you say did 1050 instead of 1800... has absolutely zero to do with being the reason you were clipping it... The amp putting out rated/advertised power has nothing to do with whether you set your gain correctly at all. It could be rated at 10k, and put out 100 watts. Still isn't going to clip unless you turn that gain too high. You were underpowering what? The subwoofer? Once again, wouldn't affect the amp at all. You sent your amp a dirty signal/lower than recommended load/cranked the gain/didn't have electrical for it... Neither of which have anything to do with the rated output....

this is true. but still LOL at maxxsonics selling amps that they know dont put out the power. now you guys know sort of why i dont like their company. they probably refunded you your money so you dont tell other people about what shit products they admitting to having.

this is true. but still LOL at maxxsonics selling amps that they know dont put out the power. now you guys know sort of why i dont like their company. they probably refunded you your money so you dont tell other people about what shit products they admitting to having.

That is pretty hilarious if they did tell him they don't make the power claimed, but still went ahead and said the brutus elite does when it's been shown it doesn't either. But I'm sure it's a lot closer than the lower lines they offer... makes me wonder what type of ratio to claimed the other lines do. It seems like the Brutus is good for about 70% of what the box says.

That is pretty hilarious if they did tell him they don't make the power claimed, but still went ahead and said the brutus elite does when it's been shown it doesn't either. But I'm sure it's a lot closer than the lower lines they offer... makes me wonder what type of ratio to claimed the other lines do. It seems like the Brutus is good for about 70% of what the box says.

From what i've experienced and heard, the Brutus line seems to be to most "legit" of all their lines. Even if you want to correct this statement as well, Hifonics uses cheap ass parts, that even a seasoned veteran can still send up in smoke. They are what they are... Yeah, I would buy one over a Planet Audio or MB Quartz, but when you really get down to it, Hifonics is cheap shit that goes up in smoke. I've run RF, Phoenix Gold (Back in the day), Kicker, and now SoundQubed.... The ONLY, and I repeat, the ONLY amp I've ever smoked was that shitty ass Zeus... And when I asked them on the phone if there was any possible way to get the 1800 watts out of the amp, like the box claimed @1ohm, they said no, only 1050 or something.

Now, I know several people who run the Brutus line and beat the shit out of them. They seem to hold up better than all the rest. Don't know what's different, don't care to know. The whole point to my multiple posts is to pony up the extra 50-75 dollars and buy a decent amp... It's pretty simple. They even put clipping indicators on the knob for you now. That in itself is worth the 50 dollars...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

idk about you guys, but i never understood why a company has to have like three or four different lines of amps that all have a submodel amp that can do 1500w (for example).

I would guess that they're banking on the average buyer not knowing that Maxxsonics owns the multiple brands, So when the budget buyer looks into buying a cheap product and finds the budget brands of Hifonics, Mb Quart, Crunch and knows person B who had a bad experience with one, or reads a review somewhere... there's the other budget brand there to turn to that in turn is still feeding money to Maxxsonics. In their eyes, if they can have 100 different brands all selling enough equipment it's just more profits.

Archived