4 Channel Amp Wiring To Speakers

i have a kicker zx350.4 and im planning to put the infinity comps in front and 2 way speakers on the back.

how should i wire the speaker wires?

should i just run the speaker wires up to the headunit and just connect it to the wires that connect to the wire harness? (the one going to my factory speakers)

if i do that. i'm worried the preexisting wires will be too small. and won't power 90w rms

btw. my speakers are rated 2 ohms at 90w rms..

i have a kicker zx350.4 and im planning to put the infinity comps in front and 2 way speakers on the back.

how should i wire the speaker wires?

should i just run the speaker wires up to the headunit and just connect it to the wires that connect to the wire harness?

btw. my speakers are rated 2 ohms at 90w rms..

you just run speaker wire from the speakers straight to the amp

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

you just run speaker wire from the speakers straight to the amp

so i can't use the wires from the wiring hardness in the back of the headunit?

so i can't use the wires from the wiring hardness in the back of the headunit?

if your speakers are 2 ohm its a really bad idea. the head unit is only made for handlin 4 ohm speakers. plus why do that when you have an amp lol. you just run the wires to the amp, rcas to the stereo, and a remote wire. and voila(assuming you ran power wire and ground of course lol)

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

if your speakers are 2 ohm its a really bad idea. the head unit is only made for handlin 4 ohm speakers. plus why do that when you have an amp lol. you just run the wires to the amp, rcas to the stereo, and a remote wire. and voila(assuming you ran power wire and ground of course lol)

no no.. i won't power the speakers using my head unit..

so here is what i will do:

i will run the wires from my amp to my headunit..

then cut the wire from the harness and then connect it to the wires that will run to my amp...

so that i can just use the factory wires is connected to the speakers..

so it will be easier instead of running new speaker wires from the new speakers

what you need is a line out put converter and i would not even run the speaker off the amp your just going to blow them i do not think you can wire them in series either because they components right ? what i would say is dump them on some one else. i have talk to quite a few people in sales and they have had nothing but returns on the infinit and jbl products. because they went to two ohm.

this is were once every one seen the show unique whips. they went with infinity and jbl Harmon international because they were using it. so harmon international said no way were not going to do it sell to all these people so they screwed them by selling them 2 ohm speakers. kinda like jl audio did a wile back with not selling online and when they would only sell to their retailers etc... find some thing in the 4 ohm range and if their 90 rms divide the wattage buy 2 to get the speaker wattage.any ways that about all the advice i can give.

it says on the box that the comps are rated 2.65 ohms...

i'm confused.. why would it blow?

its rated 90w rms and my amp outputs 90w rms at 2 ohms.

and why would i need a line ouput converted? i have rca outs on my head unit..

please help me

those speaker unless you already did the math and are telling me there 90 watts each. i assuming there 45 watts each even if you try to set the gain it going to sound like @ss and more then like pop the coil. to much power going to them twice what you need. yes the rca's in the hu will work.

Archived