Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

how many hz dc level 3


caddylac

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got a 86 cutlass supreme. I want to build a box for my 2 level 3 12s power by a 1500 Rockford amp. just need to know what hz to tune the port and how many cubic feet to make the box. i don't plan on ever doing any spl. just want good loud bass for mostly rap music.

Posted

between 32 and 35 is decent for just about all types of music. There are other threads on here on the same topic also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

DC audio site says 2.5 cubes. If it were me I'd build to 2.5 or 3.0 at around 32-35hz as a starting point.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

It wouldn't sound terrible I don't think... If you go 3 cube then tune lower, 32-30hz

I like low tuned but it's not easy all the time. Remember with every adjustment there is tradeoff.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...