Second Skin Audio

huge aeroport design

I just bought a box @8.5 cubes with 2 15 sdc2.5 with a 10" aero 12" in length for a tune about 36hz. I want to build a new enclosure to fit my blazer better. Any suggestions on tuning freq and space between hatch and port. Subs up port back. As of right now it's subs up port back but the subs are at the back of the box by my seats rather than the glass. I'll stuck with the 8.5. I also having a pending design will post later.

I usually like to tune to 32 but is all preference based, and I think the rule of thumb is something like the width of the port is how far from the hatch it should be but that is usually with slot ports not really sure with aeros

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

What year blazer? How much power are u running? Used to have a 99 Blazer 4dr years ago w/ 2 15" AQ HD3s and a single 10" aero, they're some of the easier SUVs to get loud. I've always tried to keep the port a minimum of 4-6" away from hatch door.

2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx

- Alpine CDA-9885

- Rainbow CSX Comps

- (2) 12" Sundown Zv4

- Sundown 5K

- 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk

- 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s

- 150.4 @ Dash as of now

It's an 03 2 door running an apsm 1500 I have another one I can strap up too for 3000 or so. Maybe to much for the 2.5s. Right now I'm about 2 inches from the tail gate I had it an inch or to away and didn't notice a difference there. I'm considering 30 hz and 40 hz. My dd 2512s were so much louder at 40 than 35 I also realize that's a whole different animal.

Like mentioned with a good flare you can have less clearance.

rule of thumb for aero ports is port diameter equal to clearance between port and anything else.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 3 weeks later...

couldnt tell you on the quality of the flare, the port tube is shitty ill get some pix soon. i moved the box back around 10" seemed to notice a diff seemed louder, illl try it at 5 next i just my back seat anything after 2 inches. its louder in the back seat im guessing cuz the subs are right behind the headrests. anyone think i could get a hairtrick with 2 15s and a 10" port, wall it maybe? obviously bigger subs are needed.

Its very possible, but probably with a little more port area. I used to do a mini-hairtrick with this 10 inch port :)

IMG-20140414-00205_zps304ac400.jpg

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived