i happen to be lucky enough to be in another forum where the owner posted, this was his initial post...

What’s up... I’ll get right to this and tell ya where I’m at so far... I started competing last year in SPL comps around my area and surprised myself with a 1st place trophy in an SPL 10" sub class with crappy boxes! (Pictures in my pics on my profile) Scored a 134.7dB with them old things... Both are sealed but I know ported is the way to go in SPL comps...

This year I’ve already upgraded to 12’s and have more power than I had before, but I don’t want to use my old boxes and I don’t want to buy one, I want to build one...

My idea is to build it to go where my back seat used to be and have like half a wall no taller than the top of my front seats so I can see out my window... I’m going to completely seal off my trunk from the inside to make the airspace inside alot smaller. I’ve already begun sealing everything else in the car, wiring is already bought and ran including extra incase I want to add more power later down the road, 3/4inch sheet of MDF is bought and delivered, equipment is ready to go, and nicer weather is coming...

So here’s my dilema... I want this box I build to be a bandpass box but i’ve seen them ported so many ways that I’m not sure which would sound the best, or more importantly, which would be best for SPL competing... I’ve never dealt with bandpass boxes before so I don’t know, but I have heard them and I liked what I heard... So any info anyone can give me about bandpass boxes and my dilema above would be very helpful, I’m looking to hit 140dB or more this year... I’ve got the equipment, just need the right box...

:-)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew