Second Skin Audio

1 SoundQubed HDS312 Box Help

4cloud9

I was hoping JoeX could help me with a box design. I have a single Souldqubed HDS312 paired with a SQ 1200.1 inside of a king cab 1st gen Toyota Tundra.

I was thinking of sub down port down with a tuning of 34hz. I know that the sub displaces 0.09^ per email from SoundQubed.

The Dimensions I have to work with are 20" W x 15" D with a variable dimension of up to 36" H. Similar to pic below, the top and bottom of box will extend out to raise the box off of the floor.

Or I would be good with sub forward as well, I am trying to avoid my young one from touching the sub itself and avoid any toys from ending up in the port as well.

Sub: 1 - SoundQubed HDS312 D2

Amp: 1 - SoundQubed Q1-1200D

Tune: 34hz

Net volume: 2.75

Dimensions: 20"W x 15"D x 36"H(variable)

Sub displacement: 0.09

Thank you in advance.

On the box pictured above is this considered a 3 common wall port? How do these numbers fair on Torres box calculator. I calculated 2 45degree corners @ .016 cu ft. total and input into bracing. Does anyone have any input on if I would need some kind of bracing inside of the box as well.

SQTorres_zps610e2b36.png

Anybody care to critique me on the following screen shots? Will a box with this sub and port orientation, mixed with the box shape sound ok? I just don't want to go about this the wrong way and have this box sound like crap.

But it will probably sound better than what I have right now, (1) Boston G212-4 in a prefab sealed box with a ppi ion 650.1

Let me know what you guys think.

SQTorres_zps8d79e3ca.png

14-06-23SoundQubedHDS31234hzVented_zps9d

Looks ok to me. As long as the internal volume, port ratio and port length are ok there shouldn't be a problem. I once heard deeper boxes have slightly deeper bass but haven't proved that yet lol.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Should sound good, I have almost the same box for my HDS312 except it is port and sub up. I think you would need to check the sub up and port up boxes, I know yours will be down but it lets torres know you arent mounting the sub on the side of the box.

Thanks for the reassurance guys.

Should sound good, I have almost the same box for my HDS312 except it is port and sub up. I think you would need to check the sub up and port up boxes, I know yours will be down but it lets torres know you arent mounting the sub on the side of the box.

I'll give those a check tonight and see what it does. That does make sense though, thanks. And what about bracing do you have any in your similar box design?

Archived