new wiring and more (to be done in next 2 weeks)

Just got done wiring my car today.. again. whole damn thing was completely apart. again. lol  now have 2 runs of 1/0 inside the car under driver's door panel in a 96 civic coupe.. you can barely tell its even there.... also wired up my new streetwires RCA's here's some pics of the equipment.. sorry no pics during the install.. too much work and didnt even think about it. will wire the new subs and new amp on monday or tuesday. i will be running 2 MTX 7500 15's in a custom ported box by me.  2 MTX 7801 amps. All 1/0 gauge wiring is streetwires and stinger. stinger 250 amp fuse and fuse holder and knuconcepts 250 amp fuse and fuse holder.. well thats enough blabbing. here's the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here are some pics of the old system

Posted Image

Posted Image

i will take alot more pics when its completely done...this will be updated when i get both amps and the subs in my car... stay posted

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

I appreciate that man.. but i cant stand having shitty equipment in my car... it sounds alot better with just those new rca's and no more alternator whine.. im sure that running the rca's to a different side than the power wire helped that since i got my system put in by the local stereo company since i didnt know how to do it back then.those idiots of course took the shortcut and ran it all to the same side..... and yeah that box at the top is the one i made.. the one towards the bottom is a prefab box by x-scorpion.. i didnt know anything about making a box until after i had got my first system.. so i figured i'd wait about a year and save up some money and make a better box and get some better equipment and pop some 15's in there.. that box was initially made for 12's port and subs facing back.. but i screwed a ½" sheet of MDF to cover the holes for the 12's and sealed that all up and cut out my holes for the 15's so subs up port back... while this box was for the 12's though it was insane.. very clean and picked up lows really well.. it played yung joc's song "patron" loud..and shook the shit out of my trunk and roof... cant wait to hear the 15's in it.. ill post vids along with the pictures when its completely finished...

well... hopefully today or tomorrow my ring terminals and subs will come in so i can finish it completely.. only thing i need after that is another run of 1/0 gauge to my alternator for some more current which i am waiting for.. should be here wednesday or thurs.

nice install broham.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 3 weeks later...

well guys.. i finally got the chance to order my subs today (MTX 7500 15's Dual 4ohm voice coils) .. but of course i had a problem.. (like always with my luck) i order them off of www.cardomain.com with the 2 year warranty .. they only have one in stock.. so they are sending that one tomorrow and it should be here on sat. (all depending on UPS's dumbass workers) and the other one should be here on jan. 3rd or 4th. again.. ill post pics as soon as i get them in as well as the box and amps.. also cleaned up my wiring a little bit today under the hood and soldered all my wires together.. ill post some pics up tomorrow when its light out. but ill tell you.. for me being only 17 years old and only having one job working on sat and sun every other week.. its going to be one loud, clean system.... give me about a week and ill have some pics and vids up with one of the subs.....

so how much did those 7500's run you? should have just gotten one 9500 and called it quits.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived