Zak.vr6 Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 Hi thought I'd share this as was amazed with the results Well I have a golf and the other day noticed how much vibration I was getting on the door cards , I put the poor mid bass down to the nasty edge speakers Well anyways I had some 10mm foam the stuff I got with some alloys a while back So I knowing there was a small gap between the door card and door I stuffed in 2 layers of this foam It was a tight fit took some effort to get the door card back on but the difference is very noticeable It's one of them times when trying something for free pays off I do understand dynamat etc would could be better but this did the job
never knows best Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 just be careful if that is open cell foam... it will absorb moisture and cause mold, rust, odor, ect.....
Zak.vr6 Posted June 26, 2014 Author Report Posted June 26, 2014 Thank you didn't think of that it's got like a plasticky coating on it my daughters were trying to colour it in with felt tip pens and it wouldn't stay on so maybe I will be safe Also the doors are sealed off between the door adds and door
trumpet1 Posted June 30, 2014 Report Posted June 30, 2014 That's closed cell foam. Dynamat would not do the same job.
Zak.vr6 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Report Posted July 3, 2014 I thought that dynamat is good for this kind of install?? Something like adding more weight converting the energy to heat etc or something???? Still reading more Well I done the rear doors today, and same results again more fuller sound with the standard 7watts paper cone speakers disconnected the tweets and got some nice rear fill I get the whole sound stage etc but till I get new HU amp and components for up front This will do for now Also is it normal for the rear speakers to help/complement the front speakers to get more clarity if that makes any sense To sort of describe Can't localise the sub bass the highs some mid are in front and mids and mid bass come from either side Don't feel like I get any sound coming from behind me
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.