Door Panels Build Need advice

Ok so its almost that time (finally) to rip up my doors and add in some speakers. Let me start by saying i will be using a spare set of panels so i can rip them up how i want. Also, i do not want to move and mechanisms or switches. I have never done this before so im a bit of a noob but i know how to fleese and glass and fill etc so thats not my question. My question is more about getting the wood rings in the right place/ placement. My goal is to get at least 2 speakers in each door and then 1-2 bullet tweets possible domes if i run out of room.

Take a look at the pics i have posted and let me know if my lay out will work.

In the 3 pic where i drew my lay out, i wanna some how follow the red lines with wood and cut that all out so its a hollow space. The green stuff is an alreayd existing hollow space that i would have to some how bond my fleese with.. Is my lay out good?

n5heac.jpg

Backside of panel

rjqtd1.jpg

1y4tno.jpg

COME CHECK OUT MY DOOR PANEL BUILD FIRST, YOU MIGHT GET GOOD IDEAS. LINK FOR MY DOOR BUILD IS AT THE BOTTOM

ill check it out again. Ive went through it before. Your work is soo good; i suck compared to you.

I plan on wrapping my panels in vinyl too because im lazy, im not that good with glass and it honestly will looke more "stock" <-- dr evil voice.

WELL FIRST YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE RINGS FOR THE SPEAKERS AND BILLET TWEETS, THEN YOU CAN SEE HOW TO LOCATE THEM ONTO THE DOOR WITH OR WITHOUT ANGLES. AND YOU NEED TO SEE IF IT WILL INTRUDE WITH ANY MECHANISM BEHIND THE DOOR PANEL. WILL SUCK IF YOU CUT A HOLE AND THEN SEE THAT THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE BACK THAT WONT LET THE SPEAKER SIT RIGHT.

i wonder if it would be better to cut separate rings or cut holes in one wood piece?? Now im sure its panel dependent but just by looking at my pics can you make a guess? i plan on just cutting out everything below the red line and leaving just a thin piece all around to wrap fleece around still and keep the outline shape of the door.

i wonder if it would be better to cut separate rings or cut holes in one wood piece?? Now im sure its panel dependent but just by looking at my pics can you make a guess? i plan on just cutting out everything below the red line and leaving just a thin piece all around to wrap fleece around still and keep the outline shape of the door.

NO. CUTTING EVERYTHING BUT A THIN PIECE WILL WEAKEN THE DOOR. I WOULD TAPE UP THE WHOLE AREA UP WITH BLUE TAPE. PUT WAX RELEASE AND MAKE A MOLD OF THAT AREA AND POP IT OUT. MAKE THE SPEAKER PLACEMENTS ON THAT MOLD AND FLEECE IT UP. THEN YOU CAN ATTACH THE MOLD TO THE DOOR AND TRIM WHERE YOU HAVE TO

NO. CUTTING EVERYTHING BUT A THIN PIECE WILL WEAKEN THE DOOR. I WOULD TAPE UP THE WHOLE AREA UP WITH BLUE TAPE. PUT WAX RELEASE AND MAKE A MOLD OF THAT AREA AND POP IT OUT. MAKE THE SPEAKER PLACEMENTS ON THAT MOLD AND FLEECE IT UP. THEN YOU CAN ATTACH THE MOLD TO THE DOOR AND TRIM WHERE YOU HAVE TO

doing that means i wouldnt be able to add the 2 speakers furthest left because those would hit the seats.

doing that means i wouldnt be able to add the 2 speakers furthest left because those would hit the seats.

AS LONG AS THERE IS NOTHING OBSTRUCTING THE SPEAKER MAGNET. AND IF THERE IS. YOU CAN CUT OUT SOME METAL SO THAT THE SPEAKER SINKS IN AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE TO SO THAT IT WONT HIT THE SEAT.

AS LONG AS THERE IS NOTHING OBSTRUCTING THE SPEAKER MAGNET. AND IF THERE IS. YOU CAN CUT OUT SOME METAL SO THAT THE SPEAKER SINKS IN AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE TO SO THAT IT WONT HIT THE SEAT.

its not the metal im worried about, its the panel it self, see how on the panel all the way to the left sticks out and then by the green i drew the panel goes in. id have to cut into the part to the left so the speaker(s) would sit back.

Archived