Sonic10 Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Hi, i need help designing a box for my soon to be bought DD 715. The car i'm putting in it is a Chrysler Stratus/Cirrus if it helps Tuning 35Hz. Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
Cj Kumz Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 We need to know atleast your max space available and the power you gonna be running to get the ball rolling. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Sonic10 Posted June 29, 2014 Author Report Posted June 29, 2014 My max space is. Height: 370mm Depth: 410mm Lenght: 900mm Could you help me with the design? Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
Joe X Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 You need 16.5 in tall at least, I think you've got that in that vehicle.
Sonic10 Posted June 29, 2014 Author Report Posted June 29, 2014 Yes that would work. but not higher, or it will not fit in the trunk Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
thefourth Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 Make a cardboard mockup to be sure it will fit. Unless you wanna waste money on materials for a box that wont fit. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Sonic10 Posted June 29, 2014 Author Report Posted June 29, 2014 I wrote a bad example above. I have alot of space in the trunk, its not much room to get the box in. But with the mesurements above it will fit Just mesured it Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
Joe X Posted June 29, 2014 Report Posted June 29, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. << please do build it, the problem is not the size being correct or not is that the box may not fit through the trunk opening. NOTE 2: Using english units if you really need metric, let me know.
Sonic10 Posted July 15, 2014 Author Report Posted July 15, 2014 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside. << please do build it, the problem is not the size being correct or not is that the box may not fit through the trunk opening. NOTE 2: Using english units if you really need metric, let me know. Did you make this design? I would like metric units if you could help me Chrysler Stratus DD Cs 6.5 DD A2 ZV4 12 DD M1c 1/0 Gauge SHCA
Cj Kumz Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 Just multiply the figures by 25.4 to get millimeters. Then for the box volume divide by 0.035 to give you around 121 litres. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.