Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design for 1 American Bass XFL 12?

Funtoss

Hi guys,

I am having trouble designing my sub enclosure, I want it tuned to around 35hz

The car that I have is a 1997 Toyota Levin

Space I have to work with

Width: 30" inch

Height: 13" inch

Length: 22" inch

Subwoofer is American Bass XFL 1222

Amp that I'll be using is a Fusion NV-AM16001

I am gonna be running it at 1ohm 1000w rms

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you

So here is a suggestion assuming this is a trunk car, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

xfl1222.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Oh wow! That box looks awesome, thank you so much for the cardboard mock up box advice didn't even think of it lol, also one more thing, should I tune to around 34hz or should I go lower? Like 29hz, I do listen to slowed songs just wondering if it'll be any good if I tune lower or is 34hz more than enough

33-35 Hz will definitely let you listen to the upper 20s in most situations, a lower tuning would only be recommended for bottom end centric setups for playing jeezy, decaf or slowed stuff or vehicles with deficient cabin gain like open type vehicles.

In a trunk car you should seek not to fire the sub up, that can result in rattling and lost output, the 12h would only allow for a sub top mount, also the RE calc miscalculates airspace / tuning somewhat so just bear in mind that.

Archived