Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design for 1 American Bass XFL 12?


Funtoss

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

I am having trouble designing my sub enclosure, I want it tuned to around 35hz

The car that I have is a 1997 Toyota Levin

Space I have to work with

Width: 30" inch

Height: 13" inch

Length: 22" inch

Subwoofer is American Bass XFL 1222

Amp that I'll be using is a Fusion NV-AM16001

I am gonna be running it at 1ohm 1000w rms

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you

Posted

So here is a suggestion assuming this is a trunk car, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

xfl1222.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

Oh wow! That box looks awesome, thank you so much for the cardboard mock up box advice didn't even think of it lol, also one more thing, should I tune to around 34hz or should I go lower? Like 29hz, I do listen to slowed songs just wondering if it'll be any good if I tune lower or is 34hz more than enough

Posted

33-35 Hz will definitely let you listen to the upper 20s in most situations, a lower tuning would only be recommended for bottom end centric setups for playing jeezy, decaf or slowed stuff or vehicles with deficient cabin gain like open type vehicles.

Posted

Awesome stuff dude, you really helped me a lot thank you soooo much !! :)

just one more question, was there anything wrong with my design on reaudio ?

Posted

In a trunk car you should seek not to fire the sub up, that can result in rattling and lost output, the 12h would only allow for a sub top mount, also the RE calc miscalculates airspace / tuning somewhat so just bear in mind that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...