i just went through megalo's guide, looked a lot easier than i thought! maybe a nice project when it warms up.

well before you run off to the parts store, I think you shouldn't get you hopes up for big gains from doing "the big 3"

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

well i plan on buying a Kinetik800 if necessary, ill be running a 1500.1 to a FI BL15 so i dont think ill really need it honestly.

Unless you have a high output alt, you will need it...but I would say just get the alt first...a high output alt will never hurt your system and will always help, especially since most people don't run their systems with their cars off, extra batteries (until a certain level) tend to be useless.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

ive been thinking about putting a new alt in because the lights dim slightly when i come to a stop light, not really that much inside the car but i can sometimes see the headlights on signs and shit. slight dim to my gauges. and thats with my system now, so i know ill see a diff. in the new setup.

Edited by Applejack

ive been thinking about putting a new alt in because the lights dim slightly when i come to a stop light, not really that much inside the car but i can sometimes see the headlights on signs and shit. slight dim to my gauges. and thats with my system now, so i know ill see a diff. in the new setup.

As long as you do a good enough alt and big 3, and remember to not turn you electric on without your car and let your system play, then an extra battery for that set up would be a little unnecessary. Although in the long run an upgraded/second batt is a good idea.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

yeh definitely upgrade the alt.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module