Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

93 lifted jeep xj design and build help...


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I posted this on another forum, and have yet to recieve input or help, and I do know it can take some time. I figure between the 2 sites, I will hopefully recieve the help I desire. Thanks ahead of time for any assistance and or advice.

Copy...and paste...

Vehicle : 93 xj

Location in the vehicle: rear cargo area

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 42x32x20

Subwoofer make and model: ssa zcon d2

Subwoofer Size:12

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): curious...

What type of music do you like?: rap, c-wordry, dub, slowed...

Is your music daily or spl? day music with spl based qualities

Tuning Freq (Hz): curious...

Volume : not sure yet...

Questions:

So, I am buying a zcon soon, and want to build a different style of enlosure, but lack integral skills in the design and math part of things. I could have one custom made by local shop, but I want built not bought. I want it to be my work, not someone else's. Last box was built to ssa specs for the 12" d1 xcon and it turned out great. But looking for something different to try. Ive had kicker cvx, jl w6, type r, infinity, etc...all in the 12" flavor. Hu is alpine cde149bt, fronts are cdt 6.5 comps ran off 2 channel arc audio, and rear hatch has hertz 5.25", as of now, the sub is xcon 12" d1 ran off kicker zx1500.1. Dynamatted doors, and rear quarter panels and back hatch are filled with water feature expanding foam. Optima yellow top, big 3 with 1/0, upgraded 145amp alt, 1 run of 1/0 ofc to amp. Dc2.0k just came today and new voltmeter will be here soon to be installed with new zcon. It will be ran at 1ohm.

My jeep is really open, so cabin gain is an issue I just dont grasp fully. What I have seen is people figuring box dimensions, port tuning and all, via amp selection, personal preferences and cabin size. I do have fairly good fab skills and the tools I need to build what I want. But what I do not have, is as stated before, the comprehension to figure things out mathematically, or design skills. I know what I want, but dont know how to figure all the variables to get it to where I want. I have been spoiled by the xcon, but want more, so onto the zcon it is.

I have available Length 42"x depth 32" x height 20" these are well to well, seat to hatch and floor to top of seat dimensions. I would like to have a design that can integrate the amp placement on an angle mounted to sub box. I have seen a style of box I really like designed by ram designs.

I really like the design, and wonder if its possible to mount the amp to the left side angle. Will the booming mess up the amp? What I would like to do is build onto the angle, an amp rack that amp is hidden underneath plexiglass coated with 2way mirror film that is only see through if light is on underneath, while keeping equal angles and dimensions on both sides. Fans will be used in build to help keep cool. Ive built some lame shit in my day, and want to really do off the norm stuff with this. Amp is roughly 18"x 10" x 2.5" Cargo dimensions are just what is available, box does not need to eat up all the real estate. Can anyone help me with dimensions? Cut sheet etc...? I hope this is complete enough for you all to be able to respond. I did not put port tuning or enclosure volume because I dont know how to figure it with all variables involved. I read something earlier that certain port tuning, amp specs, box size and cabin can determine how efficiently the sub plays up to its xmax and what size enclosure would be best suited for sub itself. I now cannot locate what I was reading. Any advice or help much appreciated...

Posted

This is what I would like to recreate with a recessed area on left slope to house the amp. That will need to be taken into consideration via box volume. Thank you...

f9133344-b701-41ef-b220-dafdb218ebbb.jpg

Posted

If your vehicle is open type your main problem remains the deficient cabin gain you are going to have, specially if you are playing low tuned music, I would recommend going for a 15" instead and tuning rather low, the funny shape is not really necessary but if you really want that just use Torres calculator which you can download from this site, to determine the net airspace of the box you will need to get sketchup which you can get here:

http://www.sketchup.com/download

It will take some effort and time to get to use the tools properly, you can either get this done for you or do it yourself, feel free to ask any questions on the tools usage if you want to give it a shot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4491 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...