FlashvHD Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 I have been messing around in torres box tuning calculator trying to design my enclosure for 4 sundown x 12s. I'm wanting to do a square port so that it will take up less space since i dont have much to work with. box will probably be on the smaller side more around 10-11 cubes. however i can not get my desired tuning of 28-32 hertz without having a smaller port than i need. Do square ports require less port per cubic feet? Any help would be awesome Thanks!
youngbass98 Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 square ports are difficult to design the way you want, btw you still need the same amount of port either way. I would just stick to a slot if at all possible 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
FlashvHD Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 Thanks. Just working with a right space. Either gonna have to just run 3 of the 4 or do a c pillar wall for now until I get the other 2
FocusOn20s Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 if you want to save space while not sacrificing box specs, I'd aeroport
Raptorman Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 Shoot for 2-2.25 cubes net per woofer.and 100-120 square inches of port, 32hz tuning. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
FlashvHD Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 Thanks guys I'll play with it tommorrow and see what I can come up with. I had read that the woofer like around 3 cubes before displacement though?
Raptorman Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 Don't worry about before displacement. Just worry about net volume. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
FlashvHD Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 I meant after displacement my bad lol I'm half asleep..
Raptorman Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 That's pretty large. I really wouldn't. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
FlashvHD Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 That's why I had thought as well...I might have to give them a call on Monday.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.