Sundown Audio

hifonics colossus 6.5k

bassaholic

so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new 2014 colossus mount olympus 3200 rms amp. it looks good and claims 1625x2 rms at 1 ohm, and 3250x2 max at 1 ohm. im gonna be running 2 aq hdc3 15s so i only need 2000rms and 4000 max. i was wondering if it was a good amp or not because alot of people like brutus and ive seen alot of systems running the older ones but not the new model. idk if it really put out 6500 max, but since its cea2006 complient, i would be inclined to believe it does put out 3250 rms. whatever the case, it should power the subs nicely, i just wanted to know some opinions. if anyone has the new guts of the amp i would like to see, can only find old ones.

You wont find hardly anyone on here running Hifonics. They really are considered a budget amp, not a quality amp. For the money their are way better choices out there. Also the 2006 cea compliant you are referring to, only means it does rated power @ 4ohms.

truthsayer

and i looked at the aq 2200 before because im going with 2 aq hdc3 15s, and i could have swore they were to expensive, but i looked again and they were only 430. maybe i had clicked on the 3500 by mistake, its 800

"max" power ratings dont mean anything.

hdc3's are 2000rms (clean power) woofers. "rated" for 1000w.

hifonics sucks.

soundqubed 3500.1 will work perfectly. or any 3.5 to 4krms amp.

edit: but then after going to 2k+ watts, you're going to need a new alternator and some batteries.

Archived