Second Skin Audio

2 level 6 in bandpass

You could do a 6th order but that's a hell lot of space especially for those subs. Keep in mind the recommended ported for those subs is 5.5 cubes meaning 11 for both. So a 6th will be quite big depending on the ratio. What's the max space you have and how much power are you going to feed the subs??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Yeah the subs were 6 cubes a piece at one point I thought obviously it's smaller now. I planned to put them in the bed of the truck I'm not sure of the dimensions of it but I wouldn't think it would be bigger than my truck bed with a tonneau on it would it. I had pulled all the seats and armrests out of the middle of my mega cab to build a box in the center of my truck but I might be changing my mind to a blow through just for the fact it would be easier

that looks perfect except that 90 that is behind the right subwoofer. i can build just about anything i think im having problems with sizing. since i haven't built a bandpass yet i have been searching for info on it and have read a bunch but I'm getting hung up on the port size for the front of the box. im not looking for a huge hole in my truck but heard it needs to be large to avoid port noise and there is a certain ratio for it. i have seen small ports large ports and everything in between on the back of the cab but was hoping i could get some help with what would be best sure i can do trial and error but once i cut the hole i can't go back. almost to the point i want someone to design it for me but i kind of like doing that type thing myself

If you want a blow through and cutting the bed might as well go big or go home with lvl 6 ..why get big subs to reduce them on port.1st thing need to do is measures bed height.I've done 18's in blowtthrough with box height of 19.25 you will need to notch the wood a little to fit the frame top and bottom.if you are not familar with a 6th order bandpass best bet is have a pro design it for you.if not by by subs.

i think some people end up making the biggest hole they can but don't tune it if i ended up cutting a hole i didn't want a huge gap between the actual port and the hole i cut out. is there a definitive place to go to read up on designing a 6th order and who would i talk to about designing a box for me. i read over one thread but they mentioned one of the guys was backed up a couple months.

Archived