Image Dynamics Mids/Highs, Components worth the money?

dharris2488

I completely agree with the kappas and reference series being too snappy and overly bright, that and the lack of strong midbass is why I plan on replacing them with some Image Dynamics components, the hertz and audison components are also super nice :good:, ive never had the chance to compare the three side by side though. Seeing as how I'm ballin on a budget haha I'll probably replace my reference with one of image dynamics lower lines like the ctx or cxs line

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

I completely agree with the kappas and reference series being too snappy and overly bright, that and the lack of strong midbass is why I plan on replacing them with some Image Dynamics components, the hertz and audison components are also super nice :good:, ive never had the chance to compare the three side by side though. Seeing as how I'm ballin on a budget haha I'll probably replace my reference with one of image dynamics lower lines like the ctx or cxs line

Sounds like a great improvement coming your way. I just happened to stumble in a shop that used to be an ID dealer, but they decided to go seperate ways. They took on Hertz/Audison and still had some ID components on the wall with the Hertz and Audison. Got very lucky to just randomly walk into that shop in Tulsa, OK. and get a demo of the components. This guys also did some great MDF stencil/router/fiberglass work as well. I was very impressed after I left his shop. I decided to buy some speaker rings from him, for takng the time with me. :)

When I travel through TX, OK, LA, and AR, I like to stop in car audio shops to help pass my down time. I ask questions and get to see and hear some pretty cool stuff. Most of the time, they will take me in the back to show their shop off to me and show me some projects they are working on. Then I occasionally walk into that random shop that has NO CLUE what they are selling! It's JL Audio or Kicker and it costs a lot, so ithas to sounds great and be the greatest thing since sliced breadman!!!

That's usually where I will start going through my build and ask some technical questions and they stare at me with the "I have no idea what you're talking about dude, face." Anyway, guess that's one good point about traveling so much. I do get to stop in wherever I want and see what's up. There are definitely some great shops out there, but there are some REALLY BAD one's too... Good luck with the ID's. I'm trying to sell my HDS3's locally, so I can have some cash to help finance the components I buy. Need all the help I can get when talking ID, Hertz, or Audison :)

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived