Jump to content

RE 6.5c on CT 75.4- active or passive?


Mike R

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone,

I am finally getting around to upgrading the front stage in my 2001 Impala and I have the non XXX RE 6.5 components and a CT 75.4 on the way. I have never tried to set up an active system but I am torn between the ease of setting it up with passive crossovers (with the ability to add 2 more channels) or trying to run the components active. I'll be running the wires in the next few days.

I'm thinking of running the rear 6x9s off deck power for passengers (maybe throwing a cheap set of aftermarket speakers in there). I could also use the amp to power a 2nd set of components in back or do door pods or kick panels for a second set up front. Or even running the rear channels to mid bass drivers in the back. I listen to a lot of latin music and it often seems the brass is above the range where my sub can hit.

Is it worth it to try to set up an active system as an admitted car audio noob? Its a daily driver and I commute 2+ hours a day so I'd like to get it sorted out.

Posted

My son has a 2000 or 2001 (not sure) impala with a 6.5" passive setup (Won from SOTM) ... Sounds really good.

If you run rears ... I'd run them off the back channels of the amplifier with the fronts passive for starters.

This would get you a god starting reference. Then upgrade from there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Thank you for the advice- I'll do just that. Ill start with the fronts with the supplied crossovers and amp, then see if I want to do anything with the back. I will probably be downsizing my sub stage pretty soon so the components up front may give me what I need.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 873 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...