2001 tahoe with 170,000 no check engine light but cuts off when you put it in reverse or drive THEN press the gas pedal idles all day no problem .. now if you hold the brake down and give it gas then put in drive no issue truck drives but if I stop for more the 10 sec normally and give it gas it dies other then that drives fine floor it and it accelerates as it should. REPAIRS: crank sensor has been replaced x2 made new 12v line from pcm/ ecu to cks, replaced pcm/ecu and reflashed unit, regrounded pcm/ecu with new lines, replaced main factory ground from back of engine to firewall on trucks with zero gauge , cleaned throttle body iac and tps, any suggestions ?

The original issue started after I hit a MONSTER puddle on the way home truck began to shutter then cut off x2 then wouldn't restart had it tow to my local shop now that you mention it theres a good chance water went down the breather hose on the fire wall..

If it is a converter clutch problem it is usually just the solenoid. You can test it by just unplugging it. if you unplug it and the problem goes away then you'll know that's what it was.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I can't tell you off the top of my head which wire it is just make sure you get the right one. Now if this does cure your problem then you are going to have to figure out what is causing the solenoid problems it could be a number of things. Just test it first and report back and I'll see if I can help you any further.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived