Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Does upgrading to beefier subs make much a diff. on the meter?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I'm going through a build in my vehicle now and I have the enclosure made for 4 10s and 5k rms. I also picked up some new soundqubed hds310s and before I complete this I'm kinda contemplating how much a diff I would see from just swapping to some sundown x's or hdc310s on the same power. What's interesting is the sundowns play loud down low I hear and might not necessarily make higher numbers around 45 hertz or so. What do u guys think? The goal is 150 in a small cabin el camino,Thanks

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

Posted

150 is possible(most likely burp) if you know what you are doing. Its not gonna just happen with an amp and subs though. Deadener,batteries,high output alt,half ohm wiring if needed,correct enclosure not tuned low, ect. Stay away from sundown x if your chasing numbers in a small cabin. Research whichs subs burp the 40s loud. Tuning low will give you a hell of a time on just 5k rms

Posted

You stated your goal was 150db. On 5k with 4 10's your probably not gonna want to tune low. The lower you tune, the harder it is to chase numbers. If i had it my way,and all i cared about was numbers, i would have hdc3's tuned to 60hz

Posted

To do 150 on music involves alot more power and work. Pick a goal,and stick to it. Do you want 150 on music? Possible but if you want 150 for daily on a variety of music with just 5k is not so easy to do.

Short answer is no,a burp system for 150 usually doesnt sound good on music unless you have/had the budget and goal to build it for music.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8821 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...