Sundown Audio

am I better off with SD vs SA series?

well, I almost finished it. I finished the box but a crazy thunderstorm hit and within seconds I was soaked. I didn't actually hook it up yet, but I'll try to find the time to in the next couple days. This is a horrible shot, the inside of the trunk and myself got drenched just trying to take this shot to post for ya ! I know it's a horrible pic but I'll try to get a better one for ya tomorrow or the next day along with an update on how it sounds.

IMG_20140810_192606.jpg

I got it hooked up but there's like no volume at all. It's like my amp can't push it? I checked impedance, it registered as 1.8ohm so wiring is good. This is the amp I have, it's supposed to be 350w RMS @ 2ohm to the sub channel. https://www.harmanaudio.com/Search_Browse/productspecs.asp?product=KAPPA%20FIVE I didn't take any new shots, I was focused on trying to figure out what the deal is with it. I have the gain maxed, the sub level on the head unit maxed and there's barely any tone. You can "hear" it but there's really no movement to the sub at all, I figured 350w rms would be plenty to get it sounding decent. Can you think of something I'm doing wrong? Or are these subs really that power hungry and this amp can't give it what it needs? My old (factory) 8 was much louder in it's tiny sealed box than this in the bigger, ported box. I measured the box with a garbage bag and water, it came to .65 cu ft before speaker displacement, .57 with and I tuned the box to 35hz, everything seems like it should work perfectly when going over it in my head? I'll stop rambling, any pointers/recommendations are appreciated

I had some settings on the crossover wrong, it sounds much better now. It doesn't get as loud as I'd like it to but I'm sure that's due to the amp's limitations. I can crank the head unit and the mids, highs and sub still sound clear which is nice but I wish I had a little bit more behind it. I'm happy with the outcome even though it isn't quite what I was hoping, it still blows away any other 8 I've personally heard, but with my 5 channel amp it surely won't get mistaken for a 12 like others say theirs do