Sonic Electronix

Loc for integration with 2011 f150. Stinger Loc? questions

I installed a system into a 2012 F-150 with the Sony door speakers but didn't have the factory sub. I'm pretty sure I used the same module you have and I tapped into the wires behind the head unit.

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong but I thought all Sony systems had the sub?
Tbh I'm not sure, it is my cousins truck and he swears it has the Sony door speakers, but it doesn't have the sub. But I do want to say that I saw a Sony logo somewhere.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

If you find a signal out of the back out the head unit that is before the amp then you could probably tap in with your local there but I have no idea what the harness looks like so I can't promise there is one of those on your truck.

Do you guys know if there's an amp separate from the hu/nav touchscreen? Because if there is then the signal going into that amp should be clean and unfiltered

The connections should be made on the output of the factory amp. A regular LOC will not work. The headunit is canbus and will not give you the needed signal and it will kill all the factory voice/nav/bluetooth stuff from working in the system. So something like a audiocontrol LC6i or a JL clean sweep will do the trick.

Archived