Sundown Audio

Fuse rating?? LANZAR OPTIDRIVE 50C

Deeznutz

Hey guys. So today my gf and I drove out to Orlando to do some pawn shopping for old school car audio equipment. Thinking it was a big city we would find some stuff. Well at first we didn't. We were thinking it was a waste of time. Towards the end we saw this BAD BOY! The legendary low impedance "Cheater amp", the LANZAR OPTIDRIVE 50C.

Ok, ok, enough with the introduction. But I am definitely stoked. "ZED made, American Amplification!"

She had 4 red 4 gauge coming out of her. "Which one is the power and which one is the ground??"

I removed the backing and she has never been repaired board wise, except for the '7 gauge to 4 gauge' wiring coming out of the amp. She didn't start up at first, turned out to be a bad remote wire on the pawn shops part. I removed some remote wire casing and attached the remote again and the internal fan spun. :)

I kept taking the remote wire on and off the remote screw. The lady asked "What are you doing.?"

"NO TURN ON OR TURN OFF POP. SWEET!"

Anyhow, after a little haggling, she became mine. I thought about selling her on ebay, but hell, I'm keeping her and getting another Lanzar for my mids and highs. Though this amp was made in 1994 or 1995, 2-3 after I graduated H.S. she still brings me back to the days of "multi subs/clam shell truck bed enclosures..... running off one amp systems". (Smiling now)

The only thing that am wondering is......."What is the fuse rating for this thing?" I can not find it anywhere on the internet.

Anyone on here know much about this amp or have owned this beast?

IMAG5236_zps8231d6d8.jpg

-Frank

I also found this one. Old School Cheater Amp.......Earthquake Power 40UHC. I would like to go back and get it since they were SO SLAMMED I sat there for 20 min waiting for the guy to bench test it. I left after waiting and waiting.

The "power/ground/remote allen key block thing" is missing. The cables are hard wired to the board. I can easily have a small plate made with 3 holes, rubber grommets and she is good as used!

What do you think??

IMAG5234_zps1c35be6b.jpg

-Frank

Interesting find on this amp is that BigDwiz did a test on Youtube and compared both the blue 94 and the black 96 amp side by side. Well look at this amp, where it is scratched....it's blue! Even the caps are all black like the 94, the 96 as 4-6 blue caps on the right hand side of it. Repainted from the factory to keep up with the new line production. Hmmm?

-Frank

Archived