Jump to content

MB Quart Q 6.5 components- able to take more than RMS?


hnoseguard

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am in the process of replacing my front 2 sets of components. I have a Crescendo 800.4 hooked up to my current Boston Acoustic Pro SE comps. I was planning on keeping my amp and going with RE XXX 6.5 components. I went to a local shop last week though and heard the MB Quart QS216 components and I must say I was absolutely blown away with their sound and am now seriously considering picking up 2 pairs. However, they are rated for 80 watts RMS at 4 ohms and my amp will do almost double that.

Does anyone have any experience with these components, will they take the extra power or am I just asking for trouble?

Posted

Welcome to SMD

Personally, I'd take the Boston Acoustics over anything you have lised.

If they are not giving you the output you desire, then maybe you should consider the problems with your install.

More information on your vehicle and install would help.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Welcome to SMD

Personally, I'd take the Boston Acoustics over anything you have lised.

If they are not giving you the output you desire, then maybe you should consider the problems with your install.

More information on your vehicle and install would help.

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado crew cab. I have one set of components in the factory location and another set of components right next to them that have been fiberglassed in (tweeter separate from mid). The doors have 100% coverage of Stinger Roadkill and then CCF and MLV on top of the Stinger. The Bostons in the factory location have the tweeter on axis.

I have really liked the Bostons, but they are 6 years old and I think the factory location set are on the way out. I will do some testing this weekend, but since Boston no longer makes car audio gear, I figured now would be a good time to upgrade.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 957 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...