evermaxx Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 So I am a bit new to the whole active setup.. I tried searching on here but couldn't find anything, if there is a thread point me to it. Mainly I am thinking of running 2 pair of Mezzo 6.5" comps (4 midbass / 4 tweets) off a nendo 1100.4 Questions are, how to wire it? How to tune and where at? And how to set up the active network on my 80prs. Or if its even worth it at all, I know nendo recommends to run active buttttt. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
OrionStang Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 First off, you need to know if those components can individually handle the power the amp puts out at 2 ohms. Especially the tweeters. That means a call to Crescendo to get the individual rms ratings of the tweeters and mids without the passive crossovers. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
evermaxx Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 Navid said they can.. Obviously not max gain he said but it can. He recommended the 1100.4 for active with 2 pair of mezzos. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
OrionStang Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 So the tweeters can handle 150w each? Id back those way down. Now, where will you cross the mids and highs? For example, I have my Hertz mids HP at 2800hz and tweets LP at 3100hz. You need to find out how the mids like to play, and how low the tweets like, then find a sweet spot to cross them. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
evermaxx Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 Thats another main question I had.. Like I said ive never done a active set up so the whole cross fq is kinda confusing.. I know its alot of tuning and I havent came across a thread where people run them and give off the information i need. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
OrionStang Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 Every driver is gonna be different. So, you need to find out, from Navid I guess, where a good starting point would be to cross them. Then, you can play with the points and slopes from there. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
evermaxx Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 Okay, and I know you have an 80prs.. Any tips or tricks to get that working nice? and if im right, tweets on chan 1 & 2 midbass on 3 & 4? Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
OrionStang Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 There are no tips or tricks. Just a lot time sitting in your car adjusting things. Then, when you think its good, you can tackle time alignment, and start all over again. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
evermaxx Posted July 17, 2014 Author Report Posted July 17, 2014 Alright.. Guess I need to look into that and how all that works lol. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
OrionStang Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 Yep, you need to know what your drivers like first. Then figure out what your ears like after that. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.