Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 RE SE-X V2 15s

Looking to build a box for a friend for his 82 Cutlass. I have the dimensions at 16h x 26d x 43.5w. I have been playing around with Torres calc and have the port at 14.5h x 9w with a length of 23-24in to get a tuning of 33hz. Was going to have subs up and port facing the rear of the trunk. I would have bracing inside as well and a 2nd baffle. This is a bit of a show car as well so the subs up idea was from having it parked and the trunk lid open.

Thoughts and advice?

Thanks!

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

Having subs up is not really recommended in a trunk car. Unless as you say you totally not going for sound quality and loudness but just for show.. Your dimensions give a box with 8.5 cubes gross and subs like around 3.5-4 cubes, so you a little low on space. Question: will it be strictly for show??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

It is driven around a bit so it's not a strictly show car and the sub upwards was not set in stone. I could possibly make it a 1-2in deeper to give some more volume but the width and height are not changeable with the trunk arms and the height of the trunk. Right now they are sitting in a prefab ported box firing at the rear. He was going to have a buddy of his make up a custom cover to go over the box so when he opened the trunk it looked sealed off to a certain extent. I'm sure having the subs firing towards the rear and ported to the rear will be no problem for him.

So here's the most I could do with those extra depth inches, since the box is so tall and wide it would only work firing forward (firing backwards would make it harder for sound waves to effectively reach the cabin) and would likely need to be built inside and that IF the trunk lid will close with the box inside, usually I recommend building a cardboard dummy box to test fit. 2 15s in a trunk are usually a long shot and this is no exception, you are on the tight side of the recommended net airspace so you would need kind of solid amplification to really move those subs.

2_re15.jpg

PFSFALTASSNT.jpg

Thanks Joe X! The trunk is actually bigger than the dimensions I had given. I took the dimensions of the trunk opening and the lowest point if the trunk lid for the height so that it will be able to be built outside the car and placed in it. I will definitely build a cardboard template and make sure everything will fit before I start cutting wood.

Archived