Sundown Audio

Need help strapping (2) AQ 2200s

Swampy

thanks for the info.

I don't claim to know how to solve anything, I just practice the basics. There is nothing worse than wasting hours over a problem that should have taken 5 mins. Anything I post and claim to know, I know simply because of a lesson learned from a mistake on my part.

• 1 year later...

now that i have dug this thread up i am curious about the strapping. what about your bass knob? do you just have to make sure you set the gain and everything exactley the same on the two amps or does the master amp control the slave all off of those controls?

When you strap the amps, one will be the master and one will be the slave. The slave amp will match the settings of the master amp. Only the controls on the master amp will work and they control both amps as one. So if you plug your bass knob into the master amp, it will control both. As for wiring the subs, each amp should see 2 ohms so that when they are strapped together the amps will see a final impedance of 1 ohm.

Hope this helps man.

I don't claim to know how to solve anything, I just practice the basics. There is nothing worse than wasting hours over a problem that should have taken 5 mins. Anything I post and claim to know, I know simply because of a lesson learned from a mistake on my part.

even those 2 2200s will be hard on electrical. you will need a high output alternator for sure I bet, or at least a few batteries

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Archived