Second Skin Audio

Tough choice...

How much exactly does the subwoofer displace the volume of the box?

Displacement of an fiq 18 is 0.24

Also,go with the sq2200. Most bang for your buck and they are surprisingly reliable.

20x35x24 with a 30" long 10" aero will work. Just make sure the port has 10" of clearance in the enclosure and out of the enclosure. Might have to mount it diagonally or bend it. Your gonna have to get a little crafty with this. This is 29hz with 78 square inches of port.

How much exactly does the subwoofer displace the volume of the box?

Displacement of an fiq 18 is 0.24

Also,go with the sq2200. Most bang for your buck and they are surprisingly reliable.

20x35x24 with a 30" long 10" aero will work. Just make sure the port has 10" of clearance in the enclosure and out of the enclosure. Might have to mount it diagonally or bend it. Your gonna have to get a little crafty with this. This is 29hz with 78 square inches of port.

why areo, does my subwoofer work better with it? or what?

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Your space is fucking tight dude. An aero port is 30% more efficient then a slot port,because of efficiency, a smaller port may be used. That is where aeroports shine, they save you space for people running subwoofers bigger then the wheels on the car.

Your space is fucking tight dude. An aero port is 30% more efficient then a slot port,because of efficiency, a smaller port may be used. That is where aeroports shine, they save you space for people running subwoofers bigger then the wheels on the car.

I was un aware of that lol

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

I swear avidly, Dont get offended by what I say in case you did. Round ports are more efficient then rectangle ports. Same thing goes with exhaust tubing, intake tubing, or any tubing that requires air wave velocities.

Not offended at all. Im learning new things all the time so i just enjoy the fact of taking in info.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

so I am figuring a box that is 22'' Height, 35" Width, 20'' Depth. With the help of slowfk, I think im going with a 10'' areo port at about 29hz. Top is going to have double stack along with internal bracing and the inside resin. Only problem is... I need to find out where I can get a 10" areo port or 10" pvc with bends... slowfk showed me a site but it seems extremely expensive for an areo port...

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Dude, your port had got to be longer then that. 30". If your gonna just do 10" or skimp out on port area, then just use a sealed box.

Well... I can do an 11" one and at about 36.5 inches it would be tuned to just a tad above 29hz... and im good with port area on it.. it might be a tad under the 16 sq inches per cubic foot that it recommended... it would be about 95 sq inches of port area.

Edit... with my room constrains... i am going to go with 2 8 inch ports which will ultimately fit better.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

Dude, your port had got to be longer then that. 30". If your gonna just do 10" or skimp out on port area, then just use a sealed box.

Well... I can do an 11" one and at about 36.5 inches it would be tuned to just a tad above 29hz... and im good with port area on it.. it might be a tad under the 16 sq inches per cubic foot that it recommended... it would be about 95 sq inches of port area.

Edit... with my room constrains... i am going to go with 2 8 inch ports which will ultimately fit better.

That's probably a great idea. I have not looked at the specs yet but if your at 75 sq inches of port with an aero then your good.

Archived