Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2014 Chevy Cruze box build help


reedal

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm new to the forum, been following for about a month now, but I've always had a love for body shaking bass. It's the best way for me to unwind. I've been toying with small "ghetto" builds with cheap products for the last two years, but i'm slowly working my way into the daily driver system i want. Right now i'm stationed in Great Lakes, Illinois and dont have my POS explorer with me. It's not going to be on the road much longer, so when i go home to VA, my intention is to buy a new chevy cruze. I've driven a few different times and i love it. the MPG is decent and it's a smooth and comfortable ride. My current setup in my explorer is complete stock electric, recently replaced battery under the hood, 4 gauge power running to an old RF 1.0F Cap, then a Kicker CX1200.1, powering two Soundqubed HDS312 D2's in a RT/Obcon prefab slot vented box. My intentions when i purchase the new ride is to upgrade my amp to the soundqubed q1-2200d, upgrade power/ground/big3 with 1/0 OFC SHCA, XS D4700 under the hood, and replace the stock alt with a Singer 200A he quoted me as the only alt he has available. Maybe another battery in the trunk if i have voltage drop. One layer of SHCA Sound Deadener on the doors and trunk. I would like to either build my own box or have one built for me. Being an Electronics Technician for the Navy, and not knowing how much time/resources i'll have at my disposal when i am finished with school in Great Mistakes, Ill, I would like to know if anyone could quote me a price for them building/shipping to me when the time arrives. I would also like to know the dimensions and specs required to build the box myself if i am able to. The dimensions of the trunk from the info i've gathered from other posts are 17" tall, 35" wide, and 25" depth. i will be running the subs/amp at 1ohm. I want a ported box, and the specs according to soundqubed are 4^ft for the box, and the port being 64"vent X 19" long. The HDS312 specs are

Piston Diameter 203.2 mm Mounting Depth 7 11/16" Circle Cutout 11.25" Overall Diameter 12 7/8 with gasket Xmax 28mm Peak to Peak Magnet Weight 145oz f(s) 33.65 Q(ms) 6.912 Q(es) 0.769 Q(ts) 0.692 V(as) 22.130 liters
(0.782 cubic feet)

I will be running the amp off the stock HU using the PAC AA-GM44.

The box will need to be placed into the trunk, no building in it, and i will be listening to it with the rear seats up or down depending on passengers or not.

Any help is appreciated. Like i said this is just what I've been planning out for a little while now, but if there's anything i've forgotten or any advice to be passed on i will welcome it with open ears. I'm by no means a master at anything, but i'll try to do what needs to be done, and i'll take whatever criticism is given to me about my setup.

I don't have any pictures or videos of what i do have, i've been trying to get my cousin to send me some since i've been gone since he's been enjoying my toys while i've been gone, but he hasnt yet.

Thanks.

Posted

And if this helps any with helping to design the box, i listen to all kinds of music. Rap, Rock, Country, Metal, Classic Rock, Oldies, a little of everything. It all has bass, you just have to give it help.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3018 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...