Sonic Electronix

I need to know about head units

Its not just the amp its the crossover points they install in the deck to make it sound.

You can't just have power with out some type of crossover in deck or eq to create that sound.

Go to you display board run the same exact speaker on all the decks you have and tell me that one set speaker used on all deck sounded the same ..

Customer wanted Bluetooth. So we looked at Pioneer deh6600bt and Kenwood kdcbt318u. Both full priced 130. Kenwood was on sale 120. I Said go with the Kenwood. Then he got mad because I didn't think there would be a sound difference on 15 Watts to a pair of 6x8s in a 98 f150. Then he told my manager to fire me

Also side toast when someone needs help in the car audio department and my installer isn't there, everyone gets me. Any website you go to to learn about these headunits, the only differences they list are features like usb Bluetooth hd radio etc

The biggest differences between headunits is the quality of parts used in them. Though a lot in the $100 price range may have the same specs on paper it differs when you actually put it into a vehicle. Considering the demo wall in my local Best Buy why not just give them a listen? Make all the crossover points the same turn them up to the same volume and hear it for yourself. From my own testing and installing most times cheaper HU's (Yes even ones priced in the same bracket) who use cheaper internals tend to distort sooner than others. Most of the Pioneer HU's I have installed don't distort at all or distort higher up than the cheaper Power Acoustik, Farenheit etc etc I have had to install. I always recommend the Big 3 to customer Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine. Those have always proven their worth to me in the past whereas the customers who chose to be cheap have had to come back when their other HU's start acting up.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I don't know what they are but my ears can tell a difference .and you can't tell a customer you can't hear a difference cause its his ears..I havnt looked at decks for while ..but I sure can tell the way a alpine deck sounds from pioneer

Also side toast when someone needs help in the car audio department and my installer isn't there, everyone gets me. Any website you go to to learn about these headunits, the only differences they list are features like usb Bluetooth hd radio etc

That's the first problem right there, you are relying on paper and manufacturer specs to make your assumptions when at the end of the day in Car Audio it comes down to application and experience with the products. You have to take a unit put it in and push it's limits and know whether it's worth the $100 bucks or if the customer needs to spend a bit more to be a little happier in the long term.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

The problem is at my store only 3 head units actually play out of the speakers. The others just have power and ground running to them. I'll talk to management about fixing that. Until then I'll have to buy 20 of the same cds to be able to listen to them all and compare.

Archived