Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate T2 enclosure size/shape/port please help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, i am planning to rebuild my sub box for a single Fosgate T2D215. The amp pushing the sub is a sundown SAZ3500D. It will be going in a 03 honda accord sedan. My current box is made exactly to the fosgate (slot ported) specs, and doesn't sound as good as it could. I have heard the t2 in other vehicles with larger enclosures sound so much better, and produce all around better sound with tighter bass. If anyone has an idea of a good box size for the t2, please share. I defiantly want to go ported, but I am not sure what it should be tuned to. I listen to a lot of hip hop, and a lot of classic rock. ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance.

Also, I have been wondering about feeding the port through the rear arm rest. I have not seen this done much, anyone have opinions on it?

Posted

The t2 in the proper enclosure will sound the "tightest" in a trunk vehicle. We sell a lot of T2's here, and I will tell you off hand Dont go too big with a 1.2rms sub on a 3.5/4k amp. The aluminum cone is very easy to destroy both thermally and mechanically. With your amp, stick to 3-3.3 cubes net. Port area anywhere from 45-60 sq inches of port tuned to 33-39

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3107 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...