Second Skin Audio

Enclosure - Need second opinions

Hi,

Drew an enclosure with the limited and tight space availability in my trunk. Looking for a second opinion re: the box I created in sketch up. Box is tuned to 34hz. Both subs will run on a single DC 3.5K. Can't see dimensions in picture but there are 5 aeroports at 3" diameter and 15" long.

box_zps1a9e8393.png

Here's a picture of the trunk and what I'm trying to work with.

2012-Honda-Accord-Coupe-Exterior-Trunk-S

Appreciate your eyes.

Front Mids/Tweeters: Focal K2 POWER

Rear Deck Mids: Focal 165ca

Subwoofer: (1) DC Level 5 15"

Highs/Mids Amp: Mosconi Gladen One 120.4

Monoblock: DC 3.5K

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Car: Accord '08 Coupe... terrible trunk shape : ' (

Someone will tell you the subs loading directly into the ports is bad juju, though I don't know the technical reason for it.

What subs?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Someone will tell you the subs loading directly into the ports is bad juju, though I don't know the technical reason for it.

What subs?

Says on the sketch. Sundown X 12's. I didn't know if the port direction mattered.

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Do not load subs directly to the ports. Its bad juju as mentioned above :) It is important that the air in the box is compressed before leaving through the port. In your case most will be escaping directly. It will sound way better with the port on the same side as the subs (that's if you have space)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Also, aren't you coming up a little short on airspace? 4.0 net for the pair seams a little on the short side for Sundown recommending 2.25 per sub. I mean, I get you're working with limited space, but I'd say to alleviate the headache and work with the space you have maybe do 10's or a single 12/15. What are your thoughts OP?

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Also, aren't you coming up a little short on airspace? 4.0 net for the pair seams a little on the short side for Sundown recommending 2.25 per sub. I mean, I get you're working with limited space, but I'd say to alleviate the headache and work with the space you have maybe do 10's or a single 12/15. What are your thoughts OP?

Hi, can you link me to where sundown recommends 2.25? They provide example enclosure on sketchup for each of their drivers al the X-12's comes out to 1.88 cubes per.

Hi, can you link me to where sundown recommends 2.25? They provide example enclosure on sketchup for each of their drivers al the X-12's comes out to 1.88 cubes per.

Sundown has their specs missing from the X series info page, so I looked them up here. http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11692-x-12-d4-sundown-audio-12-dual-4-ohm-1250w-rms-subwoofer.aspx

I'm assuming (and I hate assuming) they copied SA's specs. Not sure why Sundown doesn't have their specs up though.

Build Thread

Here is an update to the sketch:

box_zps56aed726.png

Archived