Second Skin Audio

Need a box design - Two DC 12's

BassDragon

The cutout for a DC 12 is 11". You're good. You should double the front baffle, though. With all the holes cut, you need to strengthen it to keep it from flexing.

Didn't even think about looking at the specs, and I didn't know for sure if I should double it. Thanks

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

I see a couple of things you might could change.

1. When you did the first box without the double baffle the depth was 20" and then when you did the double baffle on the second box the depth was still 20" which means you lost some internal net volume. Make the second box 20-3/4" and that will give you back your net volume.

2. Maybe consider putting two pieces of wood together at a 45 degree angle on the back wall and in the middle of the port. This will help direct air from each side of the box into the port.

I see a couple of things you might could change.

1. When you did the first box without the double baffle the depth was 20" and then when you did the double baffle on the second box the depth was still 20" which means you lost some internal net volume. Make the second box 20-3/4" and that will give you back your net volume.

2. Maybe consider putting two pieces of wood together at a 45 degree angle on the back wall and in the middle of the port. This will help direct air from each side of the box into the port.

Extended to 20-3/4" and I'll throw in some 45's when I build it

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

I would think 2" wide.

That said, I do hope someone that knows more than i do chimes in on this.

I would also suggest if you have access to a router that you round off the edges of your port pieces inside the box. air will flow a lot better around the rounded off edge than the square edges as drawn.

Bump goes the thread

A couple of things, I couldn't get 35Hz from the given specs, more like 32-33Hz just that you know.

Secondly if you are doing 25 square inches of port area, likely you would benefit going with 2 4" round ports, something like this:

2x15SFPF_zps061af789.jpg

Bump goes the thread

A couple of things, I couldn't get 35Hz from the given specs, more like 32-33Hz just that you know.

Secondly if you are doing 25 square inches of port area, likely you would benefit going with 2 4" round ports, something like this:

2x15SFPF_zps061af789.jpg

Could you give me some specs then? I'll be picking up board this week, so I'd like to have the right design.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Archived