Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need a box design - Two DC 12's


BassDragon

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need a box for two DC Level 2 12's wired to 1 ohm on a DC 1.2k. Ported.

I have two separate dimensions to compensate for the wheel well. Whichever one offers the best results

1:

Length ~39"

Depth/Width ~24"

Height ~16"

2:

Length ~51"

Depth/Width ~21"

Height ~16"

I'm looking to get the most bass out of it as I can. I have no preference to what its tuned to. TIA

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Posted

OD Dims

.75 material

14" Tall

30" Wide

20" Deep

Port

12.5 Tall

2" Wide

15" Long

Box 3.1 Net Tuned to 35hz

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Posted

Not to step on WCA Rusty, but you could probably fit that port dead center between the subs running front to back. You've definitely got the width and length to fit a straight slot port without having to worry about T-ing it or turning it.

Any idea what direction you want to point the subs/port?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I'd like to point then towards the cab, just so I can throw down the backs seats and see them. But other than that I have no preference.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Posted

I'd like to point then towards the cab, just so I can throw down the backs seats and see them. But other than that I have no preference.

Not sure if port forward or port backwards/into the trunk would be preferable honestly. Most will tell you you'd have to test and see/build multiple enclosures to get a true answer and that's probably true. I've seen a few subs forward/port forward boxes work out okay especially if sealed off.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I'd like to point then towards the cab, just so I can throw down the backs seats and see them. But other than that I have no preference.

Not sure if port forward or port backwards/into the trunk would be preferable honestly. Most will tell you you'd have to test and see/build multiple enclosures to get a true answer and that's probably true. I've seen a few subs forward/port forward boxes work out okay especially if sealed off.

I'll have to try em out.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Posted

UVZOZwW.png

So I used the dimensions and made a diagram. Assuming the holes are exactly 12" (Which I think I'm wrong), that would leave 1/4" on each side. Would that be a problem for the screws?

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4973 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...