Second Skin Audio

box for 2 soundqubed hds312"???

i just ordered 2 hds312" and im looking to get a design for the subwoofers, id like the port to be on one side of the subs instead of the middle.

they will be going into a 2004 cavalier so its a pretty small trunk but i think i can make them fit. the dimensions of the trunk i believe they are 16.5"H X 36"W X 29 D

any ideas?

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2hds.jpg

2hdspic_zps7e8334a3.jpg

dam thank you man and im going to be running about 1000 rms to each subwoofer but later on when i get another amp but id like to just do one box instead of chaging box everytime i get an upgrade but for now they are going to be seing about 500 rms but like i said im eventually going to upgrade to a bigger amp.

The port length is based on the tuning involved. In that design the length needed is shorter than the depth of the box so it doesn't have to turn. Hope that makes sense..

Lemme get the power straight, you powering each sub with 500rms now then 1000rms each later?? Will the 1000rms each be your final setup??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived