robby512 Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 im looking for a design for a box for 4 sundown x 18 it will be going into an 05 f150. powered off of only 2 hifonics brutus 1200 watt amps hopefully upgrade to bigger soon. max dimensions are 53 long 41 height 27 depth im looking for port forward sub forward just about the only way it would work. id like if possible for port to be in the middle but if it will make it to much bigger either side will work. thanks that is outter dimensions
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 Actully im looking into a bandpass box if possible
Guest Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 port forward sub forward? might as well do a wall.
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 yea im between the both I like the idea of a band pass I like the idea of the sub inside the box so there not smacking against my back seats. but down side is the box has to be huge and I don't have much more than 29 cubic feet. and the ported one sundown said 25 cubes after displacement so that one would be much easier. sundown calls for 300 square in of port area
Guest Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 dont put the box so close to the seats and dont move the seats backwards. you wont hit the woofers then.
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 Yea thats what im trying not to do but it will still be a fairly tight squeeze. So bandpass= bad idea might as well just do a wall
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 How do you find out port area it would be port opening so width x depth right?
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 I was wrong after research it is height x width so after contacting sundown for there recs sundown recs 5.5 cubes per sub 300 sq in of port area tuned to 30 hz .25 for woofer displacement so my numbers and procedures I started with creating a sealed box and will add the port in inner dimensions 43.25L x 40.25H x 23.25= 23.42 with woofer displacement it will be 22.42 cubes now I want to create the port 300 sq in port area divided by 41(total height)= 7.31 so I did 8 nice even number now to create tunning and length I go to this website http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 enter everything 4 subs 18 icnh volume of enclosure I do before displacement and port correct me if im wrong this is the part im not sure of so I use 23.42 cubes height is 41 and width of port is 8 and I come up with I want to tune it to 35 hz and then get 15.86 long port everything sound good?
CleanSierra Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 Your port that you listed will displace 3.29 cubic feet of airspace. That will effectively raise your tuning by quite a bit. You need to factor in the port displacement when figuring for your NET volume that you need to tune. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
robby512 Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 ok so the only place I went wrong was with the net volume because net is the whole thing combined. so my net volume before any displacement is 26.71. so my port length should be 21.82 so I will put a bend somewhere in the port so we went 8 inches all the way around correct so the bend will be at 19 to leave me with 8 inches all the way around. now sundown recommended that I tune to 30 hz didn't ask what I was aiming for weather spl or just a burp car they said that would give me best result. but Is there a better I just want something that is loud as hell as efficient as possible.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.