Sundown Audio

Amp issues

Chris Strausbaugh

I think you have two issues.

1- stock electrical ( do the big 3, upgrade batt)

2-improper gain settings ( set it correctly with a dd-1)

truthsayer

If you guys heard it I think your opinions might change. It's my gf car so I'm not even going to bother with big 3. She can keep the 320 rms rockford that plays fine. I've got enough time wrapped up in my current build as is.

I like how you ask us for advice and when we give it you argue without checking what we said

Post pics of your setup, like I asked earlier, and I bet (unfortunately) that there are a few things wrong.

While you are convinced the soundstream amp is busted, It would likely go into protect if that was the case

I like to hope for the best and try all other possible issues before I scrap an amp worth good money

You said you have alot of time wrapped in your own build and this is your girls ride,

Why dont you hook the soundstream amp up in your shit and see if the same thing happens in a different car

Also please take some pics with your phone and upload them onto your computer for us to see

It is not that hard and if your phone dont have no camera Im sure your girls does

The Soundstream is going to demand more amperage than the RF, so you need a better/stronger electrical connection with the ground. If the surface was not scraped free of paint and clean of any residue, it's not going to provide an optimum ground connection. Also the location chosen may not have a strong connection back to the chassis/battery ground. Many car's have panels tack welded in place, so that is all that makes the electrical connection back to the chassis ground.

Amp does the same thing in my car. I wasn't trying to argue or discount your opinions. I just knew it was the amp. Just can't figure out why. Normally amps go into protect but this one just goes low volume. The sound stream used to work in my car perfect. But I'm not worried about it anymore. Id rather just get a new one. By the way I had a crunch amp I tried and it worked fine in her car as well.

Archived