Subwoofer Stokes Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 I have a blown D2 ohm Fi Q 18 sub with cooling every upgrade except high qts. I hooked it up on a pioneer 760 2 channel at 4 ohms and it makes this loud clacking noise when it hits. I have been looking around at recone kits, but Im not sure which to go with. I know the Fi Q recones would be the good way to go, but I am looking to build a box for this sub to play low hz so I want some good spiders for that too. What I would like to do is find a recone with sundown surrounds and some good soft spiders, but I dont know where to look for that. Can anyone give me tips on what I should do to find the best recone in my application? <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
hispls Posted August 10, 2014 Report Posted August 10, 2014 Are you sure the woofer is the problem? How did you break it? How much excursion do you really expect to need with this that you're looking for fancy spiders and cones? IMO if you're bottoming out an 18" woofer on less than 3000W you're doing something terribly wrong. What music do you play that requires you to be able to play down to 20hz?
Subwoofer Stokes Posted August 10, 2014 Author Report Posted August 10, 2014 No I didnt blow the sub. I bought the sub blown. The person I got it from had it on a planet audio 5000 wired @ 1 ohm in a 9.6 cube sealed box. That is how the sub was blow is what Im sure. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Subwoofer Stokes Posted August 10, 2014 Author Report Posted August 10, 2014 And I listen to slowed down songs so they hit lower. Chopped and Screwed and what have you.. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.