Jump to content

Laptop present for girlfriend


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm into computers & building my own too for the passed 10 years. I looked on Best buy & If I was looking for a computer for $350, I'd buy one of these 3. most of the computers are hit & miss at $350, If you no like you got 14 days money back go for 2nd choice or 3rd.

1st choice: Intel i3 that will act like a quad core, I'd install windows 7 on there too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/7498211.p?id=1219275163834&skuId=7498211&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=8

2nd: This one here has a touch-screen but not sure how good it will be at $350.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/6071107.p?id=1219184620342&skuId=6071107&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=7

3rd: 1TB, Okay for little gaming on low may not be so good on Battery with AMD.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/7046195.p?id=1219248584104&skuId=7046195&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=5

Absolutely no putdown on your knowledge, but the 3rd choice (the Lenovo) is not capable of gaming at all. I have more RAM and the AMD A8 with similar processor rates, and I can barely handle low quality gaming. Just my $.02.

Thats why it is 3rd, I'm maybe not even going to buy it. It will do okay for LITTLE gaming I mean old games like UT3 on low. That chip should be on par with my GeForce 8400M & i was still gaming on there playing Spore.

PS: okay maybe twice the power of my old 8400M GT.

PS PS: Yeah really I'd go for Intel i3. I found that AMD's get hot & with hot is loud.

Posted

I'm into computers & building my own too for the passed 10 years. I looked on Best buy & If I was looking for a computer for $350, I'd buy one of these 3. most of the computers are hit & miss at $350, If you no like you got 14 days money back go for 2nd choice or 3rd.

1st choice: Intel i3 that will act like a quad core, I'd install windows 7 on there too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/7498211.p?id=1219275163834&skuId=7498211&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=8

2nd: This one here has a touch-screen but not sure how good it will be at $350.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/6071107.p?id=1219184620342&skuId=6071107&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=7

3rd: 1TB, Okay for little gaming on low may not be so good on Battery with AMD.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/7046195.p?id=1219248584104&skuId=7046195&st=SSD&cp=1&lp=5

Absolutely no putdown on your knowledge, but the 3rd choice (the Lenovo) is not capable of gaming at all. I have more RAM and the AMD A8 with similar processor rates, and I can barely handle low quality gaming. Just my $.02.

How old of an a8? If it isn't the latest refresh, things have changed a bit with the APU's

Personally I would pick up that asus with the i3.

It is the A8-4555M w/ Radeon HD Graphics. Rated at 1.6ghz but turbos up a little.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

Posted

Keep on mind that computers don't come with the Microsoft office suite on them anymore and you have to pay additional for those programs. I just bought my girlfriend and asus laptop from bestbuy plus the university package of the office suite and it was about $350 total. The university package comes with two keys and it's cheaper in the long run in terms of subscription fees.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Posted

I'd suggest this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314540&leaderboard=1

Bought my wife one similar to this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314593&cm_re=Acer_i5-_-34-314-593-_-Product

She loves it, the touch screen works really well. Just had to get used to Windows 8 from Windows 7.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8410 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...