brandonp17 Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 Just got 2 SD 8 d4 built my own box to under my back seat 09 gmc sierra extendcab the box is ported 1 inch On both sides do I need to port it bigger??? Sounds good but want the bass to sound deeper Running a ct 1400.1 amp what ohm should run
CleanSierra Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 Pictures please. It sounds like a terribly small port, at least what I have pictured. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Hifonics Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 You can run a 1 ohm load if you wire in parallel. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results We need more info on your box to tell you if you're doing it wrong. You most likely have way too little port area. Your box's tuning must be wayyyyyy off what you want. With a "1 inch port" you might as well seal it up and run the box sealed. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
brandonp17 Posted August 15, 2014 Author Report Posted August 15, 2014 Pictures please. It sounds like a terribly small port, at least what I have pictured. I wil Pictures please. It sounds like a terribly small port, at least what I have pictured. sent u the only pic I had right now iam I will send more later after I pull it out of my truck
brandonp17 Posted August 15, 2014 Author Report Posted August 15, 2014 You can run a 1 ohm load if you wire in parallel. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results We need more info on your box to tell you if you're doing it wrong. You most likely have way too little port area. Your box's tuning must be wayyyyyy off what you want. With a "1 inch port" you might as well seal it up and run the box sealed. that's what I told my buddy it needs a bigger port. iam thinking about putting in a 4 in on both sides and it was the first box I ever built could be way off but the ports are way to small
brandonp17 Posted August 15, 2014 Author Report Posted August 15, 2014 You can run a 1 ohm load if you wire in parallel. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results We need more info on your box to tell you if you're doing it wrong. You most likely have way too little port area. Your box's tuning must be wayyyyyy off what you want. With a "1 inch port" you might as well seal it up and run the box sealed. and yes I do have them in parallel to 1 ohm
Hifonics Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 Don't just throw in a port... you need to calculate the port size you need in order to tune your box to a certain frequency. Use a box tuning calculator such as torres or you can google to find the manual calculations. Good luck to you. 2010 F150 FX4-18" AA Mayhem-Crescendo BC3500d-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel-2 Crescendo FT1 -2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 -Pioneer AVH-P3300BT-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights-All LED interior lighting-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga) -DC Power 270XP -Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery Coming soon/plans: -Build log-Blacked out mirror reflectors-Tinted tails/3rd brake light
brandonp17 Posted August 15, 2014 Author Report Posted August 15, 2014 You can run a 1 ohm load if you wire in parallel. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#resultsWe need more info on your box to tell you if you're doing it wrong. You most likely have way too little port area. Your box's tuning must be wayyyyyy off what you want. With a "1 inch port" you might as well seal it up and run the box sealed. and yes I do have them in parallel to 1 ohm. Have the subs in front the box is 50 in wide 10 Inches in the front 10 in deep and 3inch on that back side, and I have tried running them sealed but I didn't like the way it sounded.
Guest Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 Sounds good but want the bass to sound deeper You need a box with the port tuned lower What are the settings on your amplifier tuned to?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.