Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design help.


Nocturnus

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ahh I see. Well if you are dead set on 15"s you may need to look into adding more power to compensate for the lack of box volume. Obviously not ideal, but if you can't be talked into 12"s, that's the route i'd go. I'd just hate to see you have to cram a pair of 15"s into a small box where 12"s could potentially give you more output.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Posted

Two 12s in a proper box will beat two 15s in a crammed box. 2.5-3.5 cubes for 2 12s will do.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

This is what I came up with. This being I think the biggest I'd want to go.

box1.png

Your port area per cube is under recommended. You might experience port noise

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Subsupportback_zps3839bf21.jpg

DCLevel312s_zpsc1b52b72.png

I don't know your sub displacement so I just guessed lol

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Looks ok so far. And yes you can put 90 degree bends to compensate for the length, just make sure there no sharp corners to hinder smooth flow.

Only issue is I am not sure how those subs will perform in a box twice there recommended size (1.25 vs 2.5 per sub) especially that you using close to rated power.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4755 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...