Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I want a ported box at 36hrz .. It's going in an extended cab colorado so it's going where my back seats were! But I have 44" of width 22" tall and 14" deep is how much space I have to work with so anything around those dementions... I kinda want the subs firing up. Ima run a kicker 2500.1 at .66 ohms
Ritch40 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 Your probably not going to want to hear this but, I would NOT recomend running that amp at that impedence level. If memory serves me right kicker amps dont really like to be run below 2 ohms. Another concern id have is the fact the SA's are rated for 600 rms each. You would be over powering the subs imho well past the thermal limitations of those subs. Thats assuming the amplifier would actually run at that impedence for any amount of time.
Ritch40 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 i did some quick number crunching here. 3 sa 12's with the room you have ported and tuned to 36Hz likely isnt realistic with the dimentions given. The port by the time you get port velocities down good is so large that it eats up too much enclosure volume. That all said, I do hope someone with even more knowledge than i currently posses chimes in
Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 I've had the the kicker 2500.1 at .5 ohm before I ain't to worries about the amp and as far as the sa 12s they are all reconed and rebuilt with way better insides from a guy off sundown audio they will hold 1500rms so I ain't to worried about them to much and if the box needs to be wider it can be up to 48" I guess..
Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 The box can be 24" tall 15" deep and 48 wide
thefourth Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I've had the the kicker 2500.1 at .5 ohm before I ain't to worries about the amp and as far as the sa 12s they are all reconed and rebuilt with way better insides from a guy off sundown audio they will hold 1500rms so I ain't to worried about them to much and if the box needs to be wider it can be up to 48" I guess.. What makes you say a 600 watt woofer will hold 1500 daily? Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 Because they are regular sa 12s a guy from team sundown built four of them and I got them all of the internals have been switched
Joe X Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 Those are not SA-12s anymore, you need to ask the guy who did the job for either t/s parameters or a recommendation on box specs for the custom subs.
Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 I hooked one up today it seems to handle a little over double the power the stock sa holds without any distortion in the low notes.. I used a box built for a stock sa 12 and it sounded fine it might could use a little more airspace since I'm putting more watts to them
Tyler x 22 Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 There's a truck show in a week so I was just trying to get a pretty decent box built before then for these sa 12s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.