Second Skin Audio

Will I lose output if my port is not loading off anything close?

Syphlyn

45s are a waste of time.

if it was my build/box i would do sub up port bottom side. that way you Can flip and turn it all you want to see what is best.

if you have sub and port on the same wall you can only Try two ways. up or in the side.

what you could do is make a practice box. just make a 3ft cube box and throw some 6inch pvc pipe in there. do port and sub up. pull the pvc cover the whole and drill a new hole for it. 3 or 4 port locations you'll find the Sweet spot. then build you box. i mean if your spending several hundred bucks on subs and amps what's $45 more bucks to try out port location.

no matter what its good practice. then use the scrap wood to build a floor for your new box or a amp rack.

but my vote is sub up port to the side/wall

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

45s are a waste of time.

if it was my build/box i would do sub up port bottom side. that way you Can flip and turn it all you want to see what is best.

if you have sub and port on the same wall you can only Try two ways. up or in the side.

what you could do is make a practice box. just make a 3ft cube box and throw some 6inch pvc pipe in there. do port and sub up. pull the pvc cover the whole and drill a new hole for it. 3 or 4 port locations you'll find the Sweet spot. then build you box. i mean if your spending several hundred bucks on subs and amps what's $45 more bucks to try out port location.

no matter what its good practice. then use the scrap wood to build a floor for your new box or a amp rack.

but my vote is sub up port to the side/wall

Some people (multiple) have stated they had the best results sub up port up in ext cab trucks. Not every vehicle is the same along with the subs/amp/enclosure. But firing to it's side would either mean A) into the door panel 2-3 inches away B ) towards the other side of the truck and there's nothing there except the amps, COOLING!! With firing into the flimsy door panel will create flex and reduce output.

edit: my box is 17x18 (width/depth) so if I built the port on the bottom I could only rotate is by 180 degrees at a time as 17 inches is my max for width and it won't fit 18.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

for that sub there you will 2 6inch aeros to get a good idea how its going to sound. you could use 6inch pvc buut there is a chance of port noise. the only other option I saw was sub up and port to the driver side but your port would be like 24.5h( rough idea) and by time you got the port area down you would have lost a lot of air space.

edit: There is another way to do sub up port side using 2 common walls but I personally would do sub up port up

08 Ford F150

for that sub there you will 2 6inch aeros to get a good idea how its going to sound. you could use 6inch pvc buut there is a chance of port noise. the only other option I saw was sub up and port to the driver side but your port would be like 24.5h( rough idea) and by time you got the port area down you would have lost a lot of air space.

edit: There is another way to do sub up port side using 2 common walls but I personally would do sub up port up

Yeap I'm going sub up port up for now. Maybe in the future I'll toy around with it but for now and my first box build I'ma stick with this!!

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

The way I was thinking if you wanted to try it. its a 6.5 x 6.5 square port in the corner thus using 2 common walls and it would have to be 33 inches in length. ive seen people use this style of port but ive never personally tried it. but its all up to you

08 Ford F150

Archived