Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Voice Coil Issue


Recommended Posts

Posted

I bought a broken Alpine Type R 12"

And one of the voice coils don't work at all. The other one works fine and gets power. I was wondering if it was a known issue or if I would have to go get it repaired, or take it apart myself to figure out the problem.

Posted

So you bought a sub, knowing it was broken?? And did you check both coils with an ohmmeter?

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Posted

Only way to fix a burnt voice coil is to recone the sub. It may be the leads. So if you can see them and one is burnt you could possibly fix that . Otherwise rape the one coil until it dies....Then get it rebuilt into a better sub in whatever size you want. 8-15"

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

So you bought a sub, knowing it was broken?? And did you check both coils with an ohmmeter?

Well I traded for two of them and a box, thinking they were working.

Only way to fix a burnt voice coil is to recone the sub. It may be the leads. So if you can see them and one is burnt you could possibly fix that . Otherwise rape the one coil until it dies....Then get it rebuilt into a better sub in whatever size you want. 8-15"

I was thinking it was either the ports for wiring, or the leads.. Because I had them wired up together at 2 ohms, and I think they both were hitting (could of been one pushing the other now that I think about it) and now only the one works when hooked up..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4973 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...