viol8ter Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 Is this design a good one for 2 T2D412's with a T2500 in a Mountaineer? http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?1680-2-DD-9512-s-Enclosure If so how do I calculate the shared port? If not what is the best design for a 2002 mountaineer?
Joe X Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 Subs up /port back very likely yes. Kerfing, depending on your woodworking skills. If you need to turn the port to have the box become dual chamber will depend on your box dimensions and your port area which in turn depends on vehicle and subs used and how much space you need for amps, battery, etc. The shared port halves width after the turn, the length if the port is the distance measured along the centerline from the external end to either of it's internal ends.
viol8ter Posted August 30, 2014 Author Report Posted August 30, 2014 Thanks. I was thinking 4 cubic feet and I have a maximum of 44 inches long 20 inches depth and 20 inches height for the box. I was thinking of tuning between 30 and 35hz cause I listen to rap music. Any suggestions on size to get the best sound. I have been playing around with WinISD and came up with 44x18x14 (LxDxH) and a port 5.12x34.42x12.5 (LxDxH) tuned to 32hz. ( Port Air Velocity is 97ft/s peak is that going to make port noise with a kerfed box?) Any suggestions on doing anything differently, Size of Box Tuning Frequency ext? Amp ran with Fosgate 0 gage wire Kenwood Dnx 9990HD headunit 2 Pair T2652-S Component Speakers 2 T2D412's T2500 Battery VMAX CT1500 (Originally purchased for my component speakers amp but have not purchased my big battery or component speaker amp yet) When I hook up both batteries/Amps should I use separate power wires? I have 0 Gage Fosgate ran for my T2500 Amp and still Have my Fosgate 4 Gage from my older T1500 Amp in the truck?
viol8ter Posted August 30, 2014 Author Report Posted August 30, 2014 After some more time on WinISD i have these numbers. Target Box Volume around 4 Cubic Feet Kerfed Box 44x14x22=6.3 Cubic feet Port 12.5x5.75x40=1.66 Cubic Feet 86 ft/s Peak 32.42Hz Box Volume after port=4.63 Cubic Feet (to account for kerfed design and Subs) Could really use some help designing these ports to fit in the box.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.