Second Skin Audio

possible to do 30hz box for orion hcca 10ich tech help please

fufhubbin

Nah, if he had the wallet, he would have done it right the first time. We both have the wallet to get whatever needs done...done. When someone doesn't it's best to stop them in their tracks than to keep suggesting.

Question, why did you use 2 subs in your scion and f-150 as opposed to only 1 sub?

-Frank

You dont need the wallet to have a sub do 30 hz. see this sub? i hit 25 hz with this sub. its a 50 dollar sub. WOW

onx254sq.jpg

this is me trying to understand things you say

2Crpdxa.gif

uhh may i ask... does he know what he is talking about?... Some people dont have the funds to do it "right" the first time. Slowly people upgrade, others just go out and buy full blown high quality shit.... I dont understand what he is trying to make a point out of?

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

on to the box im getting ready to try to use a box designer right now? doesn anyone know any simple ones that would help me or think they design it. after reading the posts I think im going to try to do a box tuned at 32hz and maybe 1.75 cubes or 2 what would be the difference in sound.? I want a lot now shake to the car for the lows and think its tight if u can be head from far away

on a side note I just orderd the buttkicker which is a 800 watt bass shaker I have a kicker zx400.1 rated at 500rms on birth certificate and I plan on mounting the shaker near or on the drivers seat. I will post pics of this install in about 2 weeks .... for this install im upgrading to 0 gauge wiring(the cheap kind on a 120 amp fuse. still stock battery only and stock alternater. so far even when I was running the peak 3000 watts on the amp not a single light seemed to have dimmed so hopefully can hold off on a 2nd battery for a couple months .... also ive heard theres car batterys that are designed for running subwoofers(im talking about the battery under the hood) would one of theses be a huge improvement?? or what

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Fuf,

just to let you know, I am not ragging on you. But I do feel you bought the wrong sub. You have too much room (cabin room) for the lonely sub in your trunk. I had the same problem with my Lexus SC. She was a metal tank. Make a box with the port firing into the cab and see if that helps since they say most of the volume comes out of the port. Just a thought. I had 2 HX2 10's firing into the same hole in my convertible.

-Frank

the ohms law calculator says that 80 volts is 40 amps at 2 ohms and 3200 watts ....how am I not running 1000 watts.... im pretty sure I am cause the sub is moving like a mofo and it hasn't bottomed out or anything but it seems like its more then half the rms...but then again you guys are the experts. how many volts would I need to get on then dmm to get getting 1700 watts at 2 ohms then when I have the multi meter positive in the speaker output positive and the negative in the negative?

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

the ohms law calculator says that 80 volts is 40 amps at 2 ohms and 3200 watts ....how am I not running 1000 watts.... im pretty sure I am cause the sub is moving like a mofo and it hasn't bottomed out or anything but it seems like its more then half the rms...but then again you guys are the experts. how many volts would I need to get on then dmm to get getting 1700 watts at 2 ohms then when I have the multi meter positive in the speaker output positive and the negative in the negative?

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

my rule of thumb is this, 60 amp fuse * 10 = rought amount of watts your amp makes. its not 100% true but it gives you a good idea what to expect. Your amp isnt 100% efficient so you cant times the fuse size and volts you get.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

exact specs form orions website! I know it sounded so weird so I built it anyway and im not that happy with it so im back to the drawing board . the port opening is 2.5x2.5 so its pretty small yeah kinda upset with the 10 in orion the FS is 44hz that's insane high! I mght just buy 2 12 in type Rs they are 1000rms a piece and their FS is 28 hz

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

I just did a search on google and it said that volts squared divided by impendence is a pretty close ballpark number..... and you say its not even close.... I don't understand

so 60 x 60 = 3600

3600/2 =1800 watts roughly supposedly how can u be sure im not even getting 1000rms

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

your port is tiny. This is what you should do, no ifs, buts or anything. We are trying to help you with your question and this is it. Yes a 10" can get low, Yes YOUR 10" can get low. This is how to do it. Make a box that isnt recommend from orions website. Do a 2 cubic foot box with lots of port area. try something like 40 square inches slot port. that should give good results. If not, build a bandpass.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Archived