Second Skin Audio

possible to do 30hz box for orion hcca 10ich tech help please

fufhubbin

The orion wesite says do 42hz 1cubic foot box so I built 1 and its just not loud enought on the lows I'm pushing nearly 2000watts to it and have my sub sonic set to like 25. Someone that knows techy stuff can u look at the specs of the orion hcca 10 (would post put on shiity phone at work thinkinj about my setup) and see if a 30hz box would be ok for the 10in orion the guy at the sub shop said don't do it but I figured I would get your guys opinions and if I do 30hz how many cubic ft should it be. Probly building the box on Monday. Thanks for your opinions¡

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Did you know 10's can drop lower than 12's, but at the cost of not being as loud as a 12? It's a trade off.

Why did you buy a 10??

Did you know the human ear has a capability to hear frequencies ranging from 20Hz to 20,000Hz?

Did you know as you move down the Hz ladder, the sound diminishes, but the resonance does not?

Why are you trying to reproduce a frequency that is more resonance than sound?

The specs on the website states 32 Hz for the dual 2, and 33 Hz for the dual 4. AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

You'll ruin the sub if you take it past the range in an attempt to reach your goal.

What amp are you using for the said 2000W RMS?

-Frank

Did you know 10's can drop lower than 12's, but at the cost of not being as loud as a 12? It's a trade off.

Why did you buy a 10??

Did you know the human ear has a capability to hear frequencies ranging from 20Hz to 20,000Hz?

Did you know as you move down the Hz ladder, the sound diminishes, but the resonance does not?

Why are you trying to reproduce a frequency that is more resonance than sound?

The specs on the website states 32 Hz for the dual 2, and 33 Hz for the dual 4. AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

You'll ruin the sub if you take it past the range in an attempt to reach your goal.

What amp are you using for the said 2000W RMS?

-Frank

The fuck are you talking about?

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

that sub can do 25hz man, you just need a good box. try something like 2 cubes and 23-28 hz. That should be alright with the lows

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

a bit off topic here

but why would the specs needed be 1 cube, at 42hz ?

is that off the website? if so, id just take that driver and throw it across the street.

Can anyone confirm this, and then tell me how that would work at all for the needs of a sub woofer?

a bit off topic here

but why would the specs needed be 1 cube, at 42hz ?

is that off the website? if so, id just take that driver and throw it across the street.

Can anyone confirm this, and then tell me how that would work at all for the needs of a sub woofer?

because orion makes alright stuff but they are complete garbage when it comes to recommending box specs. OP wants lows with his 10, and he tried a 1 cubic foot box tuned to 41hz and it was crap, so he is seeking assistance for the next box.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

First of all I have ran single HCCA 10 for years do not go off of Orion specs at all. Single 10 needs air space do a 1.5 to 2.0. 2.0 if it was me. lots of port area also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

The lower the frequency the less the output. What the fuck am I talking about? lol. BigHoss, one ten can only play so low and so loud period. How much can you really get out of one sub?? You know very well SPL trucks and vans do not compete in the 30Hz range, the compete at a higher frequency because the SPL numbers will increase dramatically.

Take for example the mediocre Coustic subs I'm working with. At 1.25cf ported, tuning is 40-ish(?), the SPL 118db, at 2.00cf, tuning is 32 hz it's 114db. That's what I'm talking about.lol.

If anything, the spec box should be loud considering the 40-110 Hz range. I agree that the orions need alot of room, but realistically he bought the wrong size sub.

BigHoss remember the saying "There's no replacement for displacement".

-Frank

Archived