Second Skin Audio

Re-coning ?

Actually you don't. Guess I should re-state the ? becuase I have done it before with my BLs.. and then I seen the universal options, and I know these don't have it.. what are down sides, is what I should be asking.

if u recone a sub from d1 to d2 u will have different ohm load possibilities

the universal option just allows u to recone to a different ohm load later

not many downsides

there may be a slight efficiency decrease but its not enough to notice

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

not many downsides

Well, like I said I did the BLs, the coils read exactly how they should. But thx for input.

Sorry to be harsh mate, but it should be pretty god damn obvious. Drop two one ohm coils in, you have two one ohm coils. Drop two two ohm coils in, you have two two ohm.

Cheers

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

not many downsides

is that so? then maybe more companies should make dual .25s so that people could run their amps at 1/8 an ohm to maximize efficiency.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

u didnt get the point did u... some Fi woofers have a very tight gap so swaping from a 1 to a 2 (or the other way around) coil is impossible. And what he was explaining is the specs on the different coils of FI woofers are pretty much identical other then a tiny change in efficency.

I belive the OP's question has been answered but word of advice be a bit more specific so people who dont read your sig dont trip out

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

u didnt get the point did u... some Fi woofers have a very tight gap so swaping from a 1 to a 2 (or the other way around) coil is impossible. And what he was explaining is the specs on the different coils of FI woofers are pretty much identical other then a tiny change in efficency.

I belive the OP's question has been answered but word of advice be a bit more specific so people who dont read your sig dont trip out

alrite fine i failed to realize that this was an Fi thing.

but besides that, why would impedance affect efficiency? wouldnt dual 2s for example be as efficient as any other impedance?

speaking of coils, what makes dual 1s diff from duals 2s in that it would change efficiency?

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

they are just physiclly different. No woofer keeps the same exact specs when going from a different coil configuration but normally they are very small changes that no one can physiclly tell. People dont go in to a stereo shop saying they want the D# of ____ woofer because it sounds better/louder/cleaner then the D# or S# version. Oh and resistance itself is also not a 100% measurement. Just because you have a dual 2 doesnt mean u will meter exactly 2 ohms on the coil. Hence why FI states them as .7 and 1.4 In all reality all they are doing is giving a little better idea over the rounded numbers. And every spec is related to one and other. You cant just magiclly raise or lower something and expect all the other paramaters to stay the same

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer