Second Skin Audio

Fi Audio BL 12 enclosure design suggestions wanted, willing to pay

csermonet47

I recently bought a BL 12(stock, no options) and Sundown SAE1200d V2 amp with the sub wired down to 1ohm. The box it came with is way too big so I would like to get a design for a new one, willing to pay for a design so any of you guys that charge, feel free to reply or message me privately. Just figured I would start a thread here since this section gets so much traffic, the more eyes the better.

External dimension requirements:

12in tall, 13in deep, 42in wide

Looking for something that stands on some sort of feet and has the sub firing downward, it's going in the back of a wagon and I would like something that keeps the cone protected from cargo. The 12in tall measurement is so it can fit under my cargo cover. The 13in deep is to keep as much of my cargo space as possible. 42in wide is the full width of the cargo area.

Would like something that plays all music well, I know that's broad but I like to listen to all kinds of music and would love to get that tight punchy response for kick drum type hits and also sound good for hip hop type stuff.

I am open to suggestions on box type and frequency tuning, you guys know much more than I do about this stuff so I am open to any and all suggestions. I am fairly versed in wood working so building it isn't an issue, just the design aspect is what I know nothing about for a vented enclosure. I have built sealed but those are easy :nuts: thanks for any help guys!

with the dimensions you have listed, I don't really see a good way to do it. I just does not seem to be enough room to work with for that sub. The biggest issue being port velocity. These subs from what i have read (and confirmed by modeling) need a lot of port area which eats up enclosure volume very quickly. With the dimensions you have listed, subtracting 1.5" off of each for 3/4" material you only have a gross space of 2.8cuft. That does NOT even factor in aiming the sub down.

I would encourage those who know that sub much better than i do to chime in, just in case I missed something.

Ram will get you set up. The problem I see though is that you are going to be pushing it with that height once you think about the fact that you have 12in for wood thickness, port thickness, sub mounting depth, and enough room under the enclosure for the cone not to hit the floor. Good luck though man.

Ram will get you set up. The problem I see though is that you are going to be pushing it with that height once you think about the fact that you have 12in for wood thickness, port thickness, sub mounting depth, and enough room under the enclosure for the cone not to hit the floor. Good luck though man.

Yeah this thing has some excursion, especially at 1 ohm on the Sundown. Hope we can make it work. Would love to be able to keep the utility of my wagon, I ride mountain bikes and am a welder so I always have gear in the back.

Archived